Damper for T-Rudder pedals

Moderator: AdminGroup

Sandman

Damper for T-Rudder pedals

Postby Sandman » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:06

I believe I saw a comment a while back that a damper was being considered for the pedals. Is that something that was being looked at?
Thank you!

fallout9

Re: Damper for T-Rudder pedals

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:51

The rudders damper is definitely on the extended list, together with many other projects. Hard to tell now if it will become a real thing.

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Mon May 02, 2022 19:46

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Wed Feb 07, 2024 18:43

Just following up from a while back. Has there been any discussion in regards to an aftermarket damper? Thank you!

Grumble

Postby Grumble » Fri Mar 01, 2024 13:53

In the absence of an official kit or mod, it is very easy to DIY. I bought an universal adjustable steering damper (brand listed as 'Biking') from Amazon for £40 (it's black and silver, so the aesthetic matches), plus a bag of assorted M5 nuts and bolts for £12. I mounted it between the left hand forward cam mounting and the left hand rearmost bolt that attaches the main body to the heel pad crossbar.
It needed almost complete disassembly of the pedals to extend the bolt attached to the cam, but fitting took less than an hour in total. The rearmost mount required a much longer bolt, but I was able to keep it tidy looking by using a couple of fully-threaded 25mm M5 connecting nuts to cover any exposed thread.
The rotary damping adjuster is on the top and easily accessible, and the rear shaft sits nicely in between heel pads so it's unobtrusive. The damper makes the pedals feel much more realistic for just over £50, highly recommended!

Return to “General discussions”