Gladiator OTA

Moderator: AdminGroup

junkjunk

Gladiator OTA

Postby junkjunk » Mon Mar 07, 2022 19:04

Doh, I just got my Gladiator NXT Premiums, wish I had known the OTA was coming out so soon so I could 've had it in the same box and saved some shipping!

XIMX

Re: Gladiator OTA

Postby XIMX » Wed Mar 09, 2022 21:02

I hope it's okay to use this topic for further OTA questions.

Because... I don't understand it. Why is it's rotational axis tilted downwards? Like in: trigger finger pointing down to the desk? Only when I turn it all the way to the left (what used to be left before OTA. Left stick BTW) it is almost horizontal or even tilted slightly upwards.

I assume I'm doing something wrong, but for something with a desk stand, how can it be comfortable if my forearm goes down (from wrist down to ellbow) as well as my hand (from wrist down to fingers). Now my wrist is pretty mch the highest point when holding the Omni Throttle. And thats before I start rotating the thing.
From an ergonomical perspective it looks like my ellbow needs to be higher than the hand. But as it's an the desk stand, that would be at about shoulder level...

What am I doing wrong?

XIMX

Postby XIMX » Tue Mar 22, 2022 16:23

Okay, that sounds like nobody knows how to use the omni-throttle...

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 20:09

Not really sure what you're asking or if it's a rhetorical question.

XIMX

Postby XIMX » Wed Mar 23, 2022 0:45

In the post from 9th of March I described the throttle and how it doesn't seem to work with me in front of my desk and the sticks standing on the desk.
Me, in the end asking what I'm doing wrong, was totally honest and not rethorical at all.

The thing is: The grips and my hands basically seem to work nicely together. Because for the not-OTA sticks it works well. But if I would want my forearm to go down from the omni throttle, I would have to maintain the same hand orientaion which I would have on the no-OTA sticks if there's an angle of about 45° between forearms and desk (looking from above).
And the forearms' need to go down is because my armrests are at about desk-level. Thus, grip and hand are higher than the elbow.

Return to “General discussions”