Gunfighter extension suggestion

Moderator: AdminGroup

Tibsun

Gunfighter extension suggestion

Postby Tibsun » Thu Jan 13, 2022 18:40

Normal seats do stress our back a lot.
As theres very little Seats that are actually short on the legs or do have a cut out, a extentions like this would help very much to keep our back straight while flying.
Please consider doing a extension similar to this but reaches further into the seat, without the need for a desk mount:

Fri13

Re: Gunfighter extension suggestion

Postby Fri13 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 15:50

I do agree. I would see this kind extension to have value of 89€ (the 200mm one is 58€ in EU with VAT) as it is just extra iron and higher curvature.
Anyone could really make one, just buy the 10 cm extension, cut it and attach a wanted pipe extension between and solder the wires to pins and voila.

But I really would prefer that VKB would offer such extension that allows to mount joystick base under the chair and get it top of it.

I have the flight chair with a notch in it, so it is not for me, but I can see many would like that one.

The problem just is mechanical structure. As adding extensions increase the leverage that operator applies to the base, so each time multiplying the height of lever, one multiplies same amount the force applied. So if one applies 200 gram force forward without extension, then with 200 mm extension it becomes quickly a 2 kilograms. Add a 100 mm there and it is 3 kilograms. Quickly with lever arm length growing one has large forces in play.

What makes it difficult to design these home devices for chair use.

Return to “General discussions”