Button reference card

Moderator: AdminGroup

mattcaron

Button reference card

Postby mattcaron » Thu Nov 11, 2021 23:59

Hello folks.

I'm a grumpy old man whose mind is like a... like a.. like a WATER GO PASTA STAY. <rimshot>

Anyway, for my old CH sticks, they had a series of graphics they called "kneeboards" that led to the super high tech button reference method of "I printed them out on cardstock and then wrote on them with a pen".

After a bit of random searching, I found a couple PDFs which look to be from VKB:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/SCG_Right.pdf
https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/SCG_Left.pdf

But, these don't appear to be linked to from anywhere on the site. Still, they were at some point because they showed up in DuckDuckGo's search index. I figured I'd poke around, but unfortunately (and unsurprisingly) directly listing of the Wordpress Uploads dir is forbidden.

Since these exist, I have to wonder - are there any more? Is there, for example, one for the old Gladiator base? What about the NXT base? What about the new THQ, SEM, and FSM modules - will they have similar maps forthcoming?

Further, would it be possible for them to be linked of the Downloads section of the site, where people might be able to more readily access them?

Additionally, I'm pretty sure people have posted similar things here, but I searched the forums and couldn't find an comprehensive list of them. I suggest that it might be time for such a list, perhaps as a sticky thread in "Manuals and Howtos" (mainly because button reference cards strike me as the kind of things that one would expect related to manuals), perhaps as an alternative to the website ones.

Cheers.

sdchoni

Re: Button reference card

Postby sdchoni » Fri Nov 12, 2021 23:54

I threw one togehter myself in GIMP for the SEM Vertical (see below)

tomzo711

Postby tomzo711 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 21:53

I've been looking for something like this! Thank you.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:22

Somewhat resurrecting this thread.

After the website redesign:

1. The links in the original post are now dead.
2. The reference card blanks are no longer linked from the product page, or anywhere else I can find on the new website.
3. I started having a jones for some WWII flight sims, so I ordered a GNX-based WWII setup (the throttle and stick), but I can't find blanks for those either. I don't know whether the old website had them or not.

Does anyone here have any ability to make website suggestions? If so, adding those cards to the website would be nice.

Also, if anyone has any cards, PM me and I'll host them. I have SCG-L and SCG-R blanks and am going to put them up when I'm at a real computer and will correct the links in the original post.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “General discussions”