Connecting modules to a Gladiator NXT

Moderator: AdminGroup

Deathwing

Connecting modules to a Gladiator NXT

Postby Deathwing » Thu Nov 04, 2021 15:19

Hello everyone,

I am about to order the side modules (SEM-V, THQ-V and FSM-GA) but before I do, I have a few questions about connectivity. I have been searching for a video on how to connect them to the Gladiator NXT but I believe none exist at this time (or I missed it).

How do you connect them to the Gladiator NXT (I own two)? If I'm not mistaken, each stick has three axis?
How many USB Controller(s) (HID-Main) would I need (if I need any at all)? It is unclear to me (I have "zero" background in electronic) if one is needed to connect via a USB cable to my computer if I have under 8 axis on the three modules combined (there are only 4 axis, right).

Thank you in advance for your replies and time.

Christian

fallout9

Re: Connecting modules to a Gladiator NXT

Postby fallout9 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 19:08

Hi Christian, if you want these 3 modules, I recommend to also get a holder if you don't plan to install the modules on your own mounts (and from your description it seems you don't). You can install them like in the picture below. If that's what you looking for, then I recommend to get the regular versions or THQ and SEM, and not the THQ-V or SEM-V (the V comes from Vertical and that's only if you want to install them on mounts).
You could definitely could live without a GNX HID controller with this setup, if you connect at least one of your Gladiators at one end of the unit shown in picture. But it's cheap and I suggest to get it anyway, in case you'll decide at some point to run with the unit independently, without being physically linked to a Gladiator.
We'll have some video guides coming up early next week on how to assemble a couple of modules. We'll also be around here 24hrs to help with any questions related to your setup, so no worries!
Attachments
DSC07646.jpg

Deathwing

Re: Connecting modules to a Gladiator NXT

Postby Deathwing » Fri Nov 05, 2021 0:57

Thanks for the quick reply fallout9, greatly appreciated.

Regarding my set up, I didn't want to go into details but yes, I have a simpit and will need the "V" version to mount them on my front panel.

Might as well get one and connect them all together. I can do that with one HID, can I?

Thanks again for your response.

Christian

Return to “General discussions”