How to mount gunfighter to sim rig

Moderator: AdminGroup

Sundowner25

How to mount gunfighter to sim rig

Postby Sundowner25 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:48

I currently have a warthog hotas and am thinking of switching to the gunfighter. I am trying to find an easy way to mount to my sim labs rig. This is my current setup. I would appreciate feedback on how to mount the gunfighter. My current setup was a mount from sim labs made for the warthog, but thats the only mount they offer.
Thank you
Attachments
20211011_195400.jpg
20211013_063713.jpg

apar.dspaede

Re: How to mount gunfighter to sim rig

Postby apar.dspaede » Wed Oct 27, 2021 16:39

Looking at that Rig of yours.. seems like you know your way in Rig building or at least you know what you want. Have you checked out other peoples builds? There are tones on posts online.. maybe you can pick one from there. In the end you'll be deciding how to mount it on your own rig since there are different factors and constraints like budget, availability of materials and tools, ease of build, ease of use, etc,.. You have an Alu profile Rig, there are plenty of ways on it.

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 20:09

Is that the same spec ally extrusion as MonsterTech do?

You might be able to mount one of their smaller horizontal pieces and then attach one of their verticals where your current black mount 'pole' is and use one of their plates?

Byzantine109

Postby Byzantine109 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:25

Here is my setup for comparison.

sameb

Postby sameb » Sun Oct 31, 2021 14:26

https://ibb.co/album/cw3871

Heres my flying/racing rig for reference.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Nov 02, 2021 14:34

OP, post more of a close up of your existing Warthog mount. You probably just need a different baseplate.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Grimnir

Postby Grimnir » Fri Nov 05, 2021 14:11

Byzantine109 wrote:Here is my setup for comparison.

For the longest time I struggled with deciding wether to buy the Monstertech flight chair or the Monstertech Fligh stand and just buying a good gaming chair. I decided for the Fligh Stand in the end... but I have to admit that Fligh Chair looks sweet. Can I ask if you are satisfied with it? How is the build quality compared to a "regular" higher price gaming chair? Would you still buy the chair given a second chance?

Thank you.

Byzantine109

Postby Byzantine109 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 21:49

I opted for the MFC flight chair as it offered nearly all the same mounting options as a flight stand but the convenience of “easy” conversion to a “regular” chair. The left and right swivel release allows for easy getting in and out and the central mounting plate can be removed quickly by loosening two bolts. With the central
mount released, the entire flight stick and base come with it. Tear down takes less than a minute. I was very attracted to the flight chair “aesthetic” and the seat cut out for a centre mount extension was what most influenced me to a purchase. All in all, I’m very satisfied with the build quality and strength of the chair and find it has no issues mounting all the heavy hardware I have on it. I’m quite particular for balancing/spacing/levelling and the chair doesn’t disappoint. Despite all the load, the assemblies do not shift or bend and mounts remain level and stable. The chair too remains level as well. The seat is typically German “over engineered” and the high price reflects that. I really appreciate the customization and quality all said. Unless you were looking for a high end dedicated flight chair - a secret labs chair with say desk mounts from VKB would more than suffice. I don’t regret the purchase but have no illusions it’s “over the top”. That said, I am flying a GFIII with a MCGU and not a Logitech Extreme Pro 3D! I hope I answered your questions.

Grimnir

Postby Grimnir » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:04

Thank you for taking the time to answer, and also good to hear that you are happy with the purchasce. When the time comes I will absolutely consider a flight chair, but since it's only been a few months since I bought the Flight Stand (which is by no means cheap) and an Arozzi gaming chair.... well let's just say that they do the job. It is not a cheap hobby by any stretch of the imagination, but it is fun.
For me the Flight Stand has the advantage that when I'm not flying I can just stow it to the side, and it is also super-sturdy. What I do miss is the option to use a throttle on left, a center stick and a mount for mouse on right side. It only has two mount options, probably to save cost; but still it is great. I have a picture of it here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5877

The Ikea Marcus chair is now replaced with an Arozzi gaming chair.

Return to “General discussions”