Feature Request: Create Layout SVG or PNG

Moderator: AdminGroup

GottHold

Feature Request: Create Layout SVG or PNG

Postby GottHold » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:41

Hello VKB!
A lot of virtual Pilots use https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr3xrid5vs5sq ... k.png?dl=0 like these to make views easier. However to make these by hand is a pain in the ... Since your great Joysticks allow to remap buttons and whatnot and as you control the software and firmware, you could add a feature which draws these type of things automatically for users where which button sits and create a layout image.

Now disclosure, I am obviously asking for myself however also, I created a tool for the DCS and IL2 community, in which users can manage all their Joystick inputs all at once, like setting pitch and then the pitch axis is set in IL2 and all DCS planes etc. And my tool has a feature to print out what function is for which plane is on what button as you can see it in here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ogw2dng79zwt ... XM0Sa?dl=0 . So a feature like that would perfectly not only lift off your users work to fiddle around in photoshop/gimp but also would perfectly integrate into my tool :P

Would be cool if this feature becomes once reality.

mattcaron

Re: Feature Request: Create Layout SVG or PNG

Postby mattcaron » Tue Oct 19, 2021 23:37

I agree that this would be a cool feature.

Not going to lie, right now I have no VKB products. I scored a CH HOTAS setup with mounts for $150 a few months ago, with the intention of replacing the stick with a Gladiator or Gunfighter for Christmas (depending on how deep the wife's pockets are) and, eventually, a TECS.. and I'd use the same mounts which are worth more than the $150 I paid. So score all around.

Now, all that said, I have been using the CH "kneeboard" printouts, available on their website for just this sort of reference - I have a pair of them on cardstock for each game that I leave out when playing. Something like this, where they are automatically generated based on the keybindings in the profile would be grand. But, it's really only useful if it maps the button to *in game function* - just having it say "trigger is mapped to trigger" is kind of useless. So, it would have to somehow work with or absorb the functionality of your software tool.

Personally, I'm easy and would take some pretty pictures with empty boxes that I can print on US Letter / A4 cardstock and mark up with a high precision ink transfer device (a pen).

Return to “General discussions”