Gladiator NXT, grease specs

Moderator: AdminGroup

lmhariano

Gladiator NXT, grease specs

Postby lmhariano » Fri Sep 10, 2021 17:50

Hello everyone. While I understand that the grease used for the Gladiator NXT is a custom one (developed by Nye IIRC and) not available for resale, some people like me prefer to use a lighter one (such as Nyogel 767A or 774VH).

Since Nye greases are not available here in Argentina, I regreased my Gladiator NXT with the next best thing I found: Multemp SG. I work in a car part factory, and we use it for air conditioner systems that use lots of servomotors, so I can say it's safe for electronics.

While I was able to return to the #20 springs with no pain at all in my wrists, I feel I can do with better damping. I can´t afford to test with every grease (as someone here did with a Gunfighter), but I can check the specs first. Please allow me to be a bit technical. This is what I got:

Multemp SG
NLGI grade: 2
Base oil viscosity, 40°C: some 500 cSt

Nyogel 774VH
NLGI grade: 3
Base oil viscosity, 40ºC: 16830 cSt, more than honey :shock:

Nyogel 767A
NLGI grade: 2
Base oil viscosity, 40°C: 32000 cSt, more than chocolate syrup :shock: :shock:

Nyogel PG-44A (the closest to default Gunfighter)
NLGI grade: 5 :shock:
Base oil viscosity, 40°C: 192000 cSt... peanut butter :shock: :shock: :shock:

I understand the default grease is thicker, but I don't know how much. Does anyone have these technical data (both NLGI grade and viscosity)?
Best regards,
Luis Hernández

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT, grease specs

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:49

Considering that the grease on the GNX is closer to PG-44A, I think that your option of grease would be simply too thin.

skarekrow

Postby skarekrow » Sat Sep 11, 2021 18:11

lmhariano

Postby lmhariano » Fri Sep 17, 2021 14:55

Thanks. So, if the PG-44A is the closest one to default, I guess it won't be an option for me (my wrist hurts, even with #10 springs). I agree the Multemp SG is a bit too thin, but it's the best one I got here. If I get a way to get the 767A here, I'll give it a shot.

For reference, I tried with a local grease (Delta Tungrease Multipurpose, NLGI grade 3, just $3 for the 5 cm³ syringe), but I got lots of stiction and no smoothness at all. Since I didn´t trust its quality, I went back to Multemp.
Best regards,
Luis Hernández

Return to “General discussions”