Mounting Hole Dimensions for Blackbox MK2

Moderator: AdminGroup

FSnut

Mounting Hole Dimensions for Blackbox MK2

Postby FSnut » Thu Sep 02, 2021 20:42

@UIV Are the dimensions for the Blackbox MK2 mounting holes available somewhere? I have not found them in the documentation available, and have not been able to measure them accurately enough to fabricate a mounting plate. Customer Support referred me to the forums, apologies if this is not the correct board.

Thanks!

fallout9

Re: Mounting Hole Dimensions for Blackbox MK2

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:12

Here you go!
Attachments
BB.JPG

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Sep 03, 2021 15:14

FSnut wrote:@UIV Are the dimensions for the Blackbox MK2 mounting holes available somewhere? I have not found them in the documentation available, and have not been able to measure them accurately enough to fabricate a mounting plate. Customer Support referred me to the forums, apologies if this is not the correct board.

Thanks!

FYI, future tip for other things (if you can't get someone to provide official dimensions). Put it down on a piece of cardboard, hold firmly. Insert screws of right size thru holes and push down to make marks (an awl also works if you have one of the right dimension to poke a hole). Measure cardboard. Create to-scale drawing and print out on laser printer with crosshairs and circle just a little smaller than needed diameter. Print, and place item back on that print to verify

But as long as there's one flat side if you get a set of inexpensive digital calipers with both the "inside" and "outside" teeth, it's hard to go too far wrong. Measure max and min dimension between inner and outer edges of holes along an edge, and hole size, gives you plenty of data for 'error correction'.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

FSnut

Postby FSnut » Fri Sep 03, 2021 19:12

Thank you all for the drawings and suggestions!

Return to “General discussions”