Sensitivity curves for GNX (FS2020)

Moderator: AdminGroup

fbar

Sensitivity curves for GNX (FS2020)

Postby fbar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 15:39

I recently received my new Gladiator NXT and I am absolutely loving it! It is such a fine piece of engineering and materials, and a huge upgrade from my old T16000M (which by the way is only slightly cheaper than the GNX in my country).

I've spent the last few days adjusting the sensitivity curves on my X and Y axes in Flight Simulator 2020, but something still feels a bit off/unnatural. I was wondering if anyone has some good starting points? I'm still deciding if I should just adjust the extremity deadzones and keep the curves linear, or if it is better to use full range with non-linear curves. I've also found that lower reactivity gives a better feeling.

Has anyone here spent time optimizing the FS2020 curves for the GNX? Please feel free to share!

fallout9

Re: Sensitivity curves for GNX (FS2020)

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 21:46

Using curves for controlling the plane is very personal. Some even use different curves for different planes.
The most important thing is to make sure you're calibrated, otherwise your axes might jump around. If you're not sure post a screenshot of Profile/Axes/Physical Axes, which would tell the status of your calibration.

fbar

Postby fbar » Fri Aug 13, 2021 0:43

Thanks for the reply! The stick is calibrated and works great. I was just looking to see what others have found to be good settings. I'm still playing around to see what is most comfortable. You're right about how different planes feel different, and I guess I'll do what you suggest and create different profiles.

Thanks again!

CharlieMason

Postby CharlieMason » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:42

Hey fbar,

Here's my sensitivity curves for MSFS. The imgur album was meant for someone else, so only the specific images might be relevant, but you can get an idea for things, so you might be able to see what you like and figure out how to set your own up. As fallout9 said, it is indeed personal, in the end.

https://imgur.com/a/LIuJdqz

Cheers and Happy Flying!

fbar

Postby fbar » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:11

Thanks, I'll take a look!

Return to “General discussions”