Hardware manual and default config

Moderator: AdminGroup

youtcham

Hardware manual and default config

Postby youtcham » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:31

Is there any manual for the Gunfighter MkIII base and for the Ultimate MCG explaining the hardware part?

I have only be able to find manual for Software part a very good one for sure, but no explanation about type of cams, type of hats, etc..

Is it possible to know what are the default spring and cam mounted on Gunfighter MkIII base?

Thank you very much in advance,
Y.
Last edited by youtcham on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Re: Hardware manual and default config

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39

The GunFighter bases are shipped with Avia-S cams and #20 springs. You could watch a video manual on the base here. More on the MCG U here.
If any other questions please go ahead.

youtcham

Postby youtcham » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:58

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Is it equipped by default with 2x20# spring per cam or only 1x20# per cam?

Spring effect is mostly noticeable with bigger angle of the grip correct? So stronger springs will not affect the response and precision of the stick to small movements in the center, correct?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 18:19

Comes with only 1 spring per cam. More to hold the gimbal in place rather than to be used like that, but there are some who really like it that soft.
I'm not sure what 'bigger angle' means, but no, using heavier springs won't affect its precision while making small adjustments. There's also the dry clutch system which would help with oscillations in case that heavy springs are used.

youtcham

Postby youtcham » Sun Aug 01, 2021 19:19

Thanks again for your quick answer, really appreciate that!

I understand that the further away from the center the bigger the strength exerced by the spring(s) and the more noticeable the return to center and the potential need to kill vibration with some dry clutch, but that was not my question. Let me try to reformulate (I apology if i was not clear).

But i just wanted to make sure that mounting stronger springs will not affect the response of the stick around the sweet spot at the center when making micro corrections when flying because i really like that. Are stronger springs noticeable for small movements around the center or not?

Without extension what is currently the most popular setup for springs to fly plane sim like IL2 (or DCS). It is just to start with one recommended setting before messing around with a little bit less or a little bit more. This would help speeding up the process of error and trials since i am not so keen on unmounting and remounting it all between to flying session.

I have the ultimate version does it require a little bit stronger spings than the pro version?

I like very much the video but this is the kind of information i wish i would find in a pdf manual. Is there any?

Thank you very much again.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 20:29

I would suggest to keep the Avia-S cams and have 2x#30 springs installed on each cam (if you're concerned about axes bleeding then you could swap to Avia-H cams). And no, increasing the springs won't interfere with microadjustments around center (you must be used with the Warthog base, but the GF is nothing like it).

youtcham

Postby youtcham » Mon Aug 02, 2021 0:47

Thank you very much again!

Can you combine different spring like 1 30# and 1 40# per cam? In this case any recommendation about where to put the stronger one?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 0:53

The base will allow 1 or 2 springs per cam. If 1 spring per cam is used it is recommended to be installed on the closer to the gimbal position. If 2 springs per cam are used then these 2 springs could be of the same or different strength; if they're of different strength then the heavier spring is supposed to be installed on the channels closer to the gimbal. Also, it is perfectly fine to have different springs on 1 cam compared with the other.

youtcham

Postby youtcham » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:02

This is very clear thank you. That finished my doubt for the base!

Is there anywhere where the type of hat provided with the ultimate grip are explained?

To know which are compatible with what type of resolution and if it is Mars or Analog type?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:33

The ministicks are Alps. They're of course analog, but not MaRS (MaRS sensors are only on X, Y and twist axes).

youtcham

Postby youtcham » Mon Aug 02, 2021 19:03

So, in axis settings under profile in vkbconfig tool, which value shall be selected, analog?

I understand Windows has a limitation of maximum 8 axis. Are the mk3 pro trigger accounted as one axis or the blackbox is making the calculation and just return directly the button pressed for smart trigger.

Thanks for your patience with me and all your clarifications

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 20:21

The ministick axes are properly set up and configured in the native software by default; the only user action required is calibration.
The folding trigger is an axis and has to be calibrated as one. It also has a physical button.

Return to “General discussions”