New (noob!) customer, advice needed.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Gianky

New (noob!) customer, advice needed.

Postby Gianky » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:43

Hi there!

As the title says, if everything goes well, tomorrow I'll receive my new GF III with a Kosmosima premium right grip. This is the first high end stick and base I buy and, not really being used to tinker with this stuff, I'm feeling a bit out of my depth.

I read everything I could on the board and watched VKB videos on YouTube, but I still have some doubts:
1) do I need to grease the parts of the gimbal (bearing, cams) when I get it? If so, what kind of product should I use? Nyogel 767a?
2) Is it advisable to flash the base, even if I read that it should come with the latest firmware already installed?
3) Barring the above, when I get the package, all I have to do is (optionally) change cams and springs, mount the grip, install the software and calibrate the stick, right? By the way, with which cams and spring does it come?
4) Anything that comes to your minds that I should do, before starting enjoying my stick?

Sorry if I'm asking already answered questions or if this is the wrong forum, I'm just really a newbie in this and need some help clearing my doubts.

fallout9

Re: New (noob!) customer, advice needed.

Postby fallout9 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:59

1. No, definitely not. Maybe in 6 months, a year lubricate the ball bearing.
2. Not needed.
3. It's coming by default with Avia-S cams and #20 springs. It's advisable to try it first for a while before changing anything so you'll get used to it and know what needs changing.
4. and 5. Don't be shy and ask anything; guidance is included in your joystick's price :)

Gianky

Postby Gianky » Wed Apr 28, 2021 17:52

Hi Fallout!

Thank you very much for your quick and exhaustive reply! The baby arrived home and I can't wait to get back from work and start using it! :D

Gianky

Postby Gianky » Wed Apr 28, 2021 21:37

So, back home, done unpacking, starting to examine it.

The grip feels great and has the right size for my hand (I initially considered the MCG Ultimate, but was afraid I couldn't get to the upper row of ministick/hat/buttons).

A couple of questions:

1) I have four additional set of springs, 10s, 20s, 30s and 40s, is that right? Are 50s sold separately, and the base come with 2 sets of 20s (the one installed and a spare one)?

2) the sleeves on the installed springs are on a side of them, not in the center, does that change anything? Is it better if I move them to the center?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:23

The 50s are coming with the extensions.
I don't understand what you're saying about sleeves, but you could see here how to put them on.

Gianky

Postby Gianky » Sun May 02, 2021 22:04

Hey Fallout!

Thanks for the reply and the link.

As for the sleeves, here's what I mean:

Sleeves 4.jpg

Sleeves 3.jpg

Sleeves 2.jpg

As you can see, they're put on one side of the springs; also, touching them, they're very loose, I can move them with the finger. So, should I move them to the center of the spring and maybe apply some heat, as the video suggests? By the way, what is the purpose of the sleeves?

Gianky

Postby Gianky » Sun May 02, 2021 22:08

Here's another one, a clearer one.

Sleeves 1.jpg

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:23

Turn the spring over as shown in the picture. Then it will be possible to install the second spring side by side. Cambric does not allow them to touch and therefore dampens parasitic sounds.
8yzTSvp.jpg

Grimnir

Postby Grimnir » Tue Jun 15, 2021 18:07

Same here: nOOb that has just recieved his MK III. I am afraid to break it lol.

One question: is it just plug and play after attaching stick, or is it recommended to adjust dampers (as illustrated in Quick Start guide). Anything else I need to do? I’m just using it from my desktop for now toghether with the MKIV t rudders and a TWCS.

What kind of maintenance does it need, anything special I should know? I have previously been using my trusted FF2 which never needed any maintenance.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 18:17

All about adjusting the base is here. It is advisable at the beginning to make sure the dampers are released (or at least adjusted to your liking) and some more springs are added, as the default #20 are a bit too weak.
It would also worth it to open up the base from time to time and check the internals to make sure everything is in place.

Return to “General discussions”