Left Hand Version of MCG Ultimate

Moderator: AdminGroup

feigi

Left Hand Version of MCG Ultimate

Postby feigi » Sat Apr 03, 2021 15:43

Hi VKB Team,

I'd be interested in a left hand version of the MCG Ultimate. I currently have the SCG, but it's way lighter and lower so it's feel is very different. Do you plan to release a left hand version of the MCG Ulimate?

Best
Chris

Ron61

Re: Left Hand Version of MCG Ultimate

Postby Ron61 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 17:18

As far as I know, there are no such plans.

feigi

Postby feigi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 20:51

Pity :(

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Wed Apr 14, 2021 23:29

In my opinion, this is the only point your competitor does better. Granted ... I don't need it, but I think they are missing out on some customers. Probably more than expected

citizen

Postby citizen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:16

I'm probably one of those, Stonehenge.

I had delayed upgrading my legacy CH set to the new standard due to a desire for a left-handed stick with throttle-like dampened front/back movement. The logic is that I can use a left-handed stick as a throttle and retain side-to-side axis for space sims. There was an idea to 3d print a 45 degree banked mount for a more motorcycle-like grip and use twist to gain a whole new axis but that's another topic.

When it became clear that VKB was out of the LH MCG game, I went to the competitors for a similarly-shaped product. Took one of those awful TM bases and reprofiled the gimbal to provide less resistance front/back and scuffed the wear surfaces of the cup to *increase* stickton and... Well it's pretty much what I wanted except it lacks a ministick and functional grip brake axis. Since I did go VKB for the pedals, I'm definitely noticing the lack of brake axis, as I have a WH stick on the other guys base on the other side.

The smart move for me would be to just get the other guys RH grip to match their base, but I'd easily pay the MCG Ultimate tax to get into a LH MCG form factor as that would tick all the boxes.

feigi

Postby feigi » Tue Apr 27, 2021 20:19

It is a beast of a stick. Love it. Now LH please :D

arizonamoonshine

Postby arizonamoonshine » Tue May 04, 2021 12:54

co-signed!

Leftharted

Postby Leftharted » Mon Jun 07, 2021 19:47

I'm a Lefty. Like most of us lefties, i learned to 'mouse' with my right hand. When i first got into flight sims, i had the t.16000 HOTAS setup, with my right hand on the 'stick', obviously. I did okay, but started to realize i had hit a ceiling with my right hand precision, and was compensating with increasingly complex curves and deadzones that were only exacerbating the problem... I made the choice to commit to using my dominant hand as my 'main' stick... and at first, it was HARD to forgo all that muscle memory that my right hand had built... it took a lot of focus and work to re-train myself; and i almost gave up on it several times, throughout those first few weeks... but i stuck with it, and in the end it paid off! I'm much more comfortable, and accurate now...

Awhile back, i bought the latest gunfighter with the Kosmosima premium lefty, the "SCG". I really do love having a high quality stick in my left hand; but ive also messed around with 3d printing my own custom peripherals so that i have more options to play with.... Sure, my craftmanship is nowhere near the level of the VKB stick; but 'good enough'...

If i had a lefty MCG (vs. my SCG) then i probably wouldn't have ever cared to tinker with my own custom builds; because that sexy brake lever, flip trigger, and extra buttons would have served my needs... I probably would have invested my 'tinkering' budget into a second VKB stick, rather than building my right-hand throttle, and (fun, but unnecessary additions, tbh) button boxes.

The problem, is that Lefties are already uncommon; and most of us have grown accustomed to living in a backwards world, and have simply adapted... For example, at this point in my life i would NEVER consider a left-handed Mouse... i have Wayyy too much muscle memory (especially vs. joystick time) baked into my 20+ years of using a mouse... In time, im sure i'd be better with my left hand, as ive proven to myself with my left handed SCG; but i dont really play shooters anymore, and thusly my right hand is good enough to justify staying.... My joystick purchases mirror this... i initially invested into right handed, and had to force myself to learn left when that time came... im better for it now, but i almost gave up on it, several times...

So, since most of us Lefties invest into right-handed peripherals, i can understand a company like VKB having trouble justifying making Left hand sticks... Furthermore, it might not even be possible. Im not sure if they own/control the molds/master patterns of the right handed version, or if they even manufacture (pour? injection molded maybe?) their own grips... Its plausible that's all outsourced, and would only drive the cost of left handed MCG grips up even higher....

TL:DR: i really want one. I'd buy it. I'd buy a second gunfighter base alongside it. But, i totally get why one doesn't exist.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Thu Jun 10, 2021 14:21

Even if they eventually did this to sell dozens, worldwide....
...the SCG Kosmosima Ultimate, both RH and LH, will probably precede it.

Just my opinion. (And yes, I would absolutely buy a Kosmo Left Ulti!!)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

ederbre

Postby ederbre » Tue Jul 27, 2021 0:32

I would also buy a MCGU for the left, the stick is just so sexy...

alex75

Postby alex75 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 13:37

Same here..

would buy the left handed !!!! Please...

capt_nopants

Postby capt_nopants » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:34

I would be super interested in this. Even if it was only available as a limited run production where a bunch of us had to get together to make the order happen.

elkoreb

Postby elkoreb » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:59

I would also be interested on left handed version of this product. :o

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:45

We're seeing these posts.
Saying we don't even consider making an Ulti-L would be wrong: we do.
However it is in the lower half of our to do list.
So, please bear :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

tactical_aoe

Postby tactical_aoe » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:57

Glad to hear! I and I know several others that would also be interested very interested in a Ulti-L. The can't beat the metal feel.

Return to “General discussions”