Assign Grip's Twist Axis to activate a Keypress.... CAN IT BE DONE!?!11?

Moderator: AdminGroup

InfiniteChimp

Assign Grip's Twist Axis to activate a Keypress.... CAN IT BE DONE!?!11?

Postby InfiniteChimp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 23:59

I've started using my left hand gunfighter with SCG as my collective, and it works GREAT!! I removed the Y-axis springs and have the base pitched at a 45 degree angle with dampers engaged to allow the stick to sit where I leave it. I was originally going to build/buy my own collective for use in simming but since setting up my left stick this way and finding it so usable (especially with all the switches/hats) I think I will keep this and upgrade it with a 100mm extension to improve precision. Aside from the difficulty finding a stable mount for the base, this has proven to be a fantastic collective solution.

So here's my dilemma - I want to use my twist function for the collective throttle in DCS. While this is possible if I set the throttle's bind to the twist AXIS, the throttle returns to center to mirror the twist position, leaving the throttle at 50%. For helis this is a no-no. It must stay at full during flight.

I was wondering if there is a way to map the grip's twist axis in VKBDev to simulate a button being manually pressed at a set interval, instead of function as a % axis. Even more so for varying axis positions -- ideally a slight twist would have a slow, repeating press of the "THROTTLE UP" (Keyboard: PageUP) bind and a full twist a fast repeating press.

Can this be mapped in VKBDev? How would one accomplish this feat?

Thanks!
Chimp

fallout9

Re: Assign Grip's Twist Axis to activate a Keypress.... CAN IT BE DONE!?!11?

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:13

Have you tried to use the twist axis as Relative axis instead of Absolute?

InfiniteChimp

Re: Assign Grip's Twist Axis to activate a Keypress.... CAN IT BE DONE!?!11?

Postby InfiniteChimp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:36

This is exactly what I was hoping I could do! Perfect solution. Thanks fallout9!

I set the axis from "Abs" to "Rel" in the axes profile of my left gunfighter and wrote parameters to device. This accomplished my goal.

Return to “General discussions”