add potentiometers via gunfighter blackbox pedals port

Moderator: AdminGroup

Feukair

add potentiometers via gunfighter blackbox pedals port

Postby Feukair » Tue Dec 29, 2020 22:05

Hello, is it possible to simply add externa potentiometers to a Gunfighter blackbox via the rj45 pedals port? If so does anyone know the pinout/wiring for the pedals port and what ohm rating of potentiometer would be supported?

I would like to make a simple 1 or 2 axis box to connect to the joystick and thought this might be a simple way assuming you can just wire up pots via that port.

I've found a bit of info in this thread, but it's about a Gladiator which has both a SYS port and a Pedals port and I'm not sure I can trust the wiring as described there.

Thanks for any info.
Proud owner of a VKB Gunfighter mk II Left & a VKB Gunfighter mk III Right with Kosmosima grips.

Victorus

Re: add potentiometers via gunfighter blackbox pedals port

Postby Victorus » Tue Dec 29, 2020 23:03

Pedal ports are the same. Cause all pedals have same RJ45 connector.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Feukair

Postby Feukair » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:08

Thank you for the reply. Is it possible to use one 10k ohm analog slider to represent the Z axis in the blackbox? I seems like that is an un-used axis for a gunfighter mk III if you don't have the t-rudders connected. I don't know which pin is for the Z axis.

I've tried connecting the slider to each of the 3 axis to the slider I'm using and setting the input to Analogue for axis 7(z) in vkbvdevcfg. I cant make the z axis move regardless of which pin I connect it to.

It's not clear to me from the docs how much software setup I need to do to get the blackbox to recognize a potentiometer.

Really just looking to make use of one new slider or dial added to the stick.
Proud owner of a VKB Gunfighter mk II Left & a VKB Gunfighter mk III Right with Kosmosima grips.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:48

You can only connect D-Mars sensors to the pedal jack and no others.
Try to write to sales@vkb-sim.pro, maybe help with the purchase.
Connection according to this scheme.
Sys_Pedals.png

Feukair

Postby Feukair » Wed Dec 30, 2020 21:13

Ah thank you. I figured the Sh was for chassis ground, as it tested to that with the multimeter. I had also tried closing Rud_on to both of the grounds as I assumed that was required for the Gunfighter to sense the pedals being connected. But if I have to use the proprietary sensors I'm probably dead in the water. If I have to use a D-mars sensor then I'd have to come up with a solution for housing it and mounting a lever/knob to it, which I wasn't prepared to do. Already have this solved for other pots I use.

I think I may instead make an arduino joystick and just add a couple axis to my pc that way, wire up a pot to the side of the stick like my original plan.

aniron

Postby aniron » Thu Mar 11, 2021 14:12

Ron61 wrote:You can only connect D-Mars sensors to the pedal jack and no others.
Try to write to sales@vkb-sim.pro, maybe help with the purchase.
Connection according to this scheme.
Sys_Pedals.png

Hijacking the thread a bit, but would it be possible to interface one of the leftover X and Y sensor boards from the Mk1 or Mk2 gunfighter to a blackbox in this way (I applied the Mk3 upgrade kits) ?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:03

No, this is impossible.

aniron

Postby aniron » Fri Mar 12, 2021 16:17

Could they be interfaced to the bus port or with the Thrustmaster adapter to the grip port, or any other way?

Or are they simply useless without the rest of the Gunfighter electronics?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:13

By adding a 4pin output connector (with a board like in GF) to connect to another BB, you can make pedals with one axis (the main Y-axis board left after the upgrade).
But this will require purchasing BB. There is no other way with these sensors.

aniron

Postby aniron » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:05

Thank you for answering. Would it have to be a separate blackbox, no way to connect this sensor - or another axis sensor such as from a twist module - alongside a Gunfighter base and Thrustmaster adapter all to a single BB?

I am not looking to make pedals, but a DIY Spitfire grip. Buttons is easily done via the thrustmaster adapter, but analog axis for the brake lever is not so easy.

aniron

Postby aniron » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00

Ron61 wrote:By adding a 4pin output connector (with a board like in GF) to connect to another BB, you can make pedals with one axis (the main Y-axis board left after the upgrade).
But this will require purchasing BB. There is no other way with these sensors.

Just giving this thread a small bump.

Ron, would it be possible to interface the PCB from a twist module either through the same 3-pin grip connector as the Thrustmaster Warthog adapter, or through a separate cable to the BUS or pedals port?

Otherwise, where can I get the appropriate sensor to interface through the grip connector, pedals or BUS port?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:19

It is not possible to connect the 4pin twist sensor to the 3pin connector of the grip. Only a 3-pin D-Mars sensor can be connected to the Pedals jack. Try to write to sales@vkb-sim.pro about purchasing them. Perhaps they can help you.

aniron

Postby aniron » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:47

For anyone else looking to do a DIY grip, unfortunately VKB sales were unable to provide this sensor. :(

Screenshot_20210719-094604_Email.jpg

Return to “General discussions”