app to print out button mappings?

Moderator: AdminGroup

skypickle

app to print out button mappings?

Postby skypickle » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:55

Is there a favored application people like that will print out an image of the vkb gunfighter pro with all the keybindings?

Phoenix

Re: app to print out button mappings?

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:38

I'm interested in the answer too.

Drano

Postby Drano » Sun Dec 20, 2020 18:40

That would be helpful. CH had a little app called CMPrint that would do exactly this. I've borrowed someone else's image of their MCG-Pro layout and jacked it up some in Gimp so I can edit it as needed and then print that. Not exactly the same but it works.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:44

I just created my own. I've linked it before, both here and on reddit/r/hotas.

If anyone wants it reply and I'll re-link. But be forwarned I use my Kosmosima LH Premium mounted laterally (throttle-like) so my graphics orientation kind of matches that. You could edit again yourself of course, but you'd be dragging elements of the powerpoint around.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Zeanon

Postby Zeanon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 17:07

If I find a way to read out a config file, I could try to write a little program, which would extract said information and add it to a picture(the programm itself should not be the problem, just extracting the data from a cfg file, unless somehere could provide something for that)

dburne

Postby dburne » Thu Jan 14, 2021 0:41

Asobo with MSFS 2020 put a neat feature in their controller binding menu, a picture of the actual device being mapped. Only thing is I am sure it is only for the more mainstream popular devices. In my case I had a Warthog Throttle and it showed up in the menu - picture of device with button assignments as I had them. Very neat feature.

It would be nice if they did the same for say VKB and Virpil, I am sure they never will though. I would like to see more flight sims do this sort of thing.

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Thu Jan 14, 2021 20:33

rtrski wrote:I just created my own. I've linked it before, both here and on reddit/r/hotas.

If anyone wants it reply and I'll re-link. But be forwarned I use my Kosmosima LH Premium mounted laterally (throttle-like) so my graphics orientation kind of matches that. You could edit again yourself of course, but you'd be dragging elements of the powerpoint around.

I would like to have it, please.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:19

I can't promise the little tiny numbers showing the 'default' (logical) button assignments have kept up with firmware changes, since I didn't really care about that so much as what I was mapping to in game. I also have done a little editing of my own configurations to add things like long presses to the buttons with the "Tempo" function in VKBDevCfg. That said, at least I did actually keep the original orientation pics as well as the 'lateral' Kosmosima orient pics...this was an early backsaved version.

Use in health! PPTX, link to onedrive is not editable so download your own copy.

https://1drv.ms/p/s!AuHD2NL7qn3w-1iqeIu ... t?e=JsisNi
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Fri Jan 15, 2021 19:37

Thank you. :D

Drano

Postby Drano » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:25

Hehe it looks like the one I've been using was yours all along. I'd found what looks to be this exact image months ago and just jacked it up using layers in GIMP so I can edit it if needed. Works for me! Thanks
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:18

Actually in that file, all the MCG Pro and Kosmo images came from forum official announcement threads, here, or from screenshots from vkbcontrollers.com US distributor website. (Oh, and the Slaw images were from I think an Arstechnica review.) I did reorient a couple of the Kosmosima for the lateral page. I tried to give credit...all I did was the PPTX text box formatting with icons and stuff for the different control indications. Hope that counts as non-encroaching fair use.

I have a newer version now where I did use one self-taken picture of the MCG Ultimate with my chosen hat installed in the upper modular (Master Mode) position, instead of the POV/analog alternate control. PPTX now has a pretty effective background removal capability (not just 'set transparent color' but ability to actually draw the contour and help the programming figure out what 'edge' you intend to define the kept vs. nonkept part).

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Sat Jan 16, 2021 14:02

As i'm waiting my MCG ultimate, may you share the new version please.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Jan 18, 2021 14:40

Here it is. Same drill - PPTX, downloadable not editable in place (I hope, since that would mess me up. :D ) https://1drv.ms/p/s!AuHD2NL7qn3w-0U_lbJ ... P?e=YBJ5hB

A couple notes:
  • I changed the upper center (Master Mode) POV/analog for a hat. Picture to left on Ultimate page is my own, background removed, with this non-default installation. The side pics are from VKB's closer look thread or VKB-Controller pics and are default modular choices.
  • I changed the button press defined by the flip-up switch (and only have that one button, and full press when flipped down, enabled)
  • I've defined 3 long-press "Tempo" buttons in the configuration. (2 on buttons, one on the center 'thumbrest' hat). I assigned them as "POV directions" because it seemed like the buttons 1-32 were all taken up. A few of those seem 'missing' (if you count thru all the little logical numbers shown) but basically I had a goofy moment thinking I was minimizing any disruption of the 'default' if I were to swap controls back. It probably doesn't really help since replacing the POV/analog would mean I'm conflicting again, but regardless: don't give me any grief if the little logical indicators aren't quite 100% correct. :lol:

You can see my actual assignments have evolved a bit from the earlier sheet(s). And probably will again. I really don't find myself needing the "UI Mode Back" so might reassign that to something else. (That might work better as my Analysis/Combat toggle, letting me rearrange up on the top hat to add a plain "Next Target" on the press and move "Target Next Hostile" to the 'down' position. Have to think on it some more...) Another idea I thought I might try is to put Lights (and add a long press for Landing Gear) there, then on the 'thumbrest' hat I'm using for fighter orders, A long press becomes the "Recall(Dock)" command, and see if I can create a macro on the short press for fighter launch. (I think that would take looking down to roles, some selections and UI moves to select the fighter and my NPC crew....but as that panel changes with loadout not sure it's possible. Also - not a giant fan of too much macro just because it sort of feels 'cheaty', and because I bought a stick to have fun pressing buttons damnit. Why take that away from myself??? :wink:

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jan 18, 2021 20:11

Thank you again. :D

katoman1932

Postby katoman1932 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:19

I am a complete novice at age 90 working with my first VKB stick [Gunfighter Pro with twist]. The programming software has overwhelmed me; however, I will keep going back to the video tutorials available until I can at least program several buttons as a first step. This can best be done by running the video on my Apple laptop while programming my VKB on my desktop. I am indebted to you for your life saving copies of the Modern Combat Grip. Per chance could you direct me to a treasure trove of VKB profiles I could copy? If I wore a younger man's clothes I would think seriously of setting up an on line business writing VKB profiles for old farts like me and charging a reasonable fee! :oops:

Return to “General discussions”