Old Gunfighter Support?

Moderator: AdminGroup

krebs20

Old Gunfighter Support?

Postby krebs20 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 15:04

I have a Gunfighter Mk1 Rev A. It came with the K12 grip. I was using a warthog grip the last few years but I sold the warthog and moved last December.

So I finally got the time and space to setup my pc for sims again. DCS, Il2, Elite. The k12 grip just doesn't have enough buttons for me so I looked into checking out the grips that are made now. It was a big reason I preordered the gunfighter back in the day. Well, I didn't pay much attention to what vkb was doing the last few years as I was happy with the product. It turns out they dont sell anything for the Mk1 Rev A gunfighter. I looked into what is offered to do upgrade kits. The upgrade kit does not appear to make the Mk1 work. The Rev A pins would still not work.

Am I stuck with just a K12 grip? Is my only option to buy a thrustmaster grip and reuse my adapter?

I have tried contacting support and sales but I never got a response. VKB North America sales and support gave response but it was to email HQ support. HQ support has not responded yet. Its been about a week. I opened a help ticket on account page today with the same question.

I had a simple thought for a way to adapt the Rev A to Rev B if there is nothing out there. Take the shortest extension VKB has. Make one end that would fit onto the RevA side. The other end RevB. That would allow the physical connection. I don't know what else would have to change.

Any thoughts on this mater is greatly desired.

fallout9

Re: Old Gunfighter Support?

Postby fallout9 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:10

No worries, RevA bases are still supported, someone would get back to you shortly. Until then please also check your spam folder.

krebs20

Postby krebs20 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:53

Thats encouraging to hear there is support. I checked my spam folder and will give it some more time.

manashttu

Postby manashttu » Mon Dec 21, 2020 17:43

I also use a Rev. A Gunfighter. I've been able to purchase every grip VKB makes. I suspect they only show the Rev. B for direct purchase to avoid mixups when people order on the website. When I wrote my North American reseller about buying a Kosmosima that didn't show for Rev.A. on the website, he directed me to sales headquarters and I had quick response from sales@vkb-sim.pro. Was also able to buy the F-14 grip day one. I was heartened to see in the new MCG Ultimate FAQ that it will be available for Rev. A from day one, too.

I don't think we have to worry. VKB has been great about continued support for our original Gunfighters (which is smart, because I keep sending them my money--and have a hole burning in my pocket for the Ultimate). We might just have to ask instead of just click "buy now".

Return to “General discussions”