Gladiator NXT - Set LED to toggle on/off when switching axes

Moderator: AdminGroup

james340

Gladiator NXT - Set LED to toggle on/off when switching axes

Postby james340 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 22:49

Hi there all, I've been learning the power of the VKB Device Config programme, but I've hit a snag.

Simply put, I like to play some new and some old combat sims. Specifically, when I want to play X-Wing Alliance on occasion, I switch the X and Rz axes on my NXT so I roll when I use the X axis, because that can't be done in-game.

I've found the AUX axes command in the Buttons/Physical layer, meaning I can now switch X and Rz and back again without having to load a profile. This is great, but I'd love to know whether I have this switch on or off. Sure, it'll be pretty obvious fairly quickly, but it would be nice to have a visual cue.

My thought was to have the little red LED (LED 11 in the Global/LEDs tab) light up when I switched the X and Rz axes, and then turn off when normal. I've been playing with it, and so far the closest I could get was to have it light up when the button in question (F3, logical button 27, physical button 5) is pressed, but it instantly turns off once I take my finger off the button.

Is there a way to set this to toggle, so I press the button to switch the axes, the LED lights up, and then I press it again to change them back to normal and the LED turns off...

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Cheers

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT - Set LED to toggle on/off when switching axes

Postby fallout9 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:27

In LEDs make a new event as P-Alternate function, with OP1 5 and set the color you like for it.

james340

Re: Gladiator NXT - Set LED to toggle on/off when switching axes

Postby james340 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:04

You're a star, fallout9 - thank you so much, worked instantly! The functionality of the stick and software is so damn impressive.

And to VKB in general - your work is incredible! I absolutely adore my NXT, it's such an amazing step up from anything else in its price range, and above that range in many cases.

I can't stress enough how impressive you all are, and I'm holding out with bated breath for the TECS, can't wait, but also happy that you're taking your time to make sure it's what you want to launch.

You've got a life-long fan and customer right here!

Return to “General discussions”