Space Sims second controller option

Moderator: AdminGroup

Kaarno

Space Sims second controller option

Postby Kaarno » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:04

Hi, I am new to VKB, as I ordered a GF3 with SCG premium RH from Aliexpress (nervous!!!) a few days ago...now eagerly and nervously watching the tracking info.

I currently have the T16K HOTAS which I will likely pass onto my son. When my GF3 Kosomsima RH arrives he can have the TM stick and I will set up using the Kosmosima RH and TWCS.
As I am able, I'd like to get a second VKB controller:
* GF3 with SCG premium LH
OR
* TECS

I mostly play Star Citizen, and might try Elite Dangerous again in the future. I do not yet own FS2020, but possibly get that next year. If I went HOSAS with dual Kosmosima's would I have enough buttons?
Or should I wait for the TECS throttle instead? Some of the posts on this forum have also speculated about a possible VKB space sim throttle in the future.

p.s. I had considered twin Gladiator NXT's, but purchased the GF3 Kosmosima RH instead...hopefully that was a smart choice.
p.p.s. Does VKB offer a discount for return customers? (if so...does Aliexpress honor this?)

fallout9

Re: Space Sims second controller option

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:13

A Kosmosima grip on left hand, in a HOSAS setup, would bring you more buttons within your fingers' reach than any other throttle. There are 27 buttons on the Kosmosima grip, so 57 in total in a HOSAS setup; if you program some Tempo and Shit buttons you could easily go over 200 buttons - good luck finding bindings for them all :)
You could try your new joystick with both your older TM16K stick and TWCS and see which setup - HOTAS or HOSAS makes more sense for you. If you're playing mostly space I would say you'd go HOSAS eventually.

Kaarno

Postby Kaarno » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:38

Hi @fallout9,
thank you for your fast answer, and the explanation - 27 buttons!!! :o
I cannot wait to get it in my hands. That really helps me moving forward. I have seen videos where the cams and springs can be used in the LH to make throttle axis absolute without returning to centre, to emulate throttle control. I would certainly explore this.

Are you aware if VKB offer a discount for purchasing a second item?

regards

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:56

Sorry to tell you, but no, there's no discount on quantity or amount spent :(

Kaarno

Postby Kaarno » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:48

No problem, but I would have been annoyed with myself if I discovered there was after making an order. So thank you for the info.

Kaarno

Postby Kaarno » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:46

fallout9 wrote:A Kosmosima grip on left hand, in a HOSAS setup, would bring you more buttons within your fingers' reach than any other throttle. There are 27 buttons on the Kosmosima grip, so 57 in total in a HOSAS setup; if you program some Tempo and Shit buttons you could easily go over 200 buttons - good luck finding bindings for them all :)
You could try your new joystick with both your older TM16K stick and TWCS and see which setup - HOTAS or HOSAS makes more sense for you. If you're playing mostly space I would say you'd go HOSAS eventually.

Where are the buttons 16 to 20? I am doing the calibration and can activate 1 -15 and 21-27...but I cannot find 16 to 20...it's probably something silly :shock:

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:10

These buttons are reserved in case the microstick is replaced with a push-button HAT. That's all.

Return to “General discussions”