Ability to mount SCG with rotational offset?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Shine

Ability to mount SCG with rotational offset?

Postby Shine » Fri Oct 16, 2020 23:44

Hello. I posed this question/issue to the VKB North America rep, but was asked to repost it here.

I recently purchased the SCG to replace the MCG on my Gunfighter Mk.II base (with 200mm extension), but I ran into a problem: the SCG does not have the rotational offset mounting hole that the MCG has.

I have the stick center-mounted (i.e. between my legs). With the MCG, I used both the extension and the MCG's rotational offsets to align the grip to my wrist (the extension rotated its full amount, plus some additional rotation with the MCG). But with the SCG, I have only the extension's rotation, which is not enough to properly align to my wrist. The Gunfighter base is screwed into a rigid mounting plate, so I can't rotate the base.

Does anybody have suggestions on how I can rotate the SCG for better wrist ergonomics? I much prefer the layout of the SCG to the MCG, but this wrist angle doesn't work for me :(

Thank you!

fallout9

Re: Ability to mount SCG with rotational offset?

Postby fallout9 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:43

Hi Shine! Unfortunately there's no way to mount the SCG and F-14 grips at an offset position at this time (unless using the 100mm extension, which is straight and allows offset mounting at the bottom); this is only possible with the MCG Pro and KG12 grips.
Several people have already asked to get this option implemented in SCG and F-14 grips so a resolve is being investigated, but I can't comment on a deadline.

Shine

Postby Shine » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:38

Thank you for responding. I'll keep an ear out for a solution from VKB.

Looking at my mounting bracket, there is enough tolerance in its holes that I could stuff some washers on one side to mount it slightly "diagonally," which would rotate the base itself counter-clockwise. Doing so, though, would rotate the physical axes (since the base itself would be rotated), so pitching the physical stick straight forward (from my perspective) would also move the logical stick slightly to the right, since I'd be pushing the stick toward the 1 o'clock position of the base (so to speak), not its 12 o'clock position.

That said, is there a way in DevCfg to "rotate" the logical axes to counter a physical rotation of the base? That is, if the base (and thus its physical axes) are rotated counter-clockwise by 10 degrees, can I somehow rotate the logical axes clockwise by 10 degrees to offset it? At a glance, I did not see a way to do this in VKBDevCfg-C_v0.91.54 with the v2_00_7 firmware.

Thank you!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:06

Sorry, but it won't work; the base haven't been designed for such approach (as any other base with cams on the market). Even if you'd be able to adjust the axes as you wish you'd still be fighting against cams :(

franjo

Postby franjo » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:17

fallout9 wrote:Hi Shine! Unfortunately there's no way to mount the SCG and F-14 grips at an offset position at this time (unless using the 100mm extension, which is straight and allows offset mounting at the bottom); this is only possible with the MCG Pro and KG12 grips.
Several people have already asked to get this option implemented in SCG and F-14 grips so a resolve is being investigated, but I can't comment on a deadline.

So every single grip works with an offset when using the 100mm extension only. I assume the 200mm doesn't work.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07

It technically works, but the 200mm extension being curved it wouldn't be in a straight position.

Return to “General discussions”