STICK CENTER ROTATION is it normal?

Moderator: AdminGroup

apar.dspaede

STICK CENTER ROTATION is it normal?

Postby apar.dspaede » Sat Sep 26, 2020 17:28

Hi guys, sorry for lack of a better Title...Im new to flight/space sim and I have my first joystick and I wanted to know if its normal. As Im preparing for the coming starwars squadron and doing the necessary adjustments to get the most of my HOSASAT I was trying to configure my stick and get a feel of it and also using joystick curve software to visualize the inputs since Im having this new feel with my stick and not so sure if its normal. I have the the GFmkIII-MCG+200extension with AVIA cams and #50+#30 springs on both axis, are you able to do a Circle on your sticks pretty easily when doing short quick movements? As you can see in the attached image Im trying to Trace this circle on the Blue arrow but it seems to be pulling away when doing in fast. I could do it if I slow down and if im away from the center. Do I have to change cams? Are there centerless cams available? I hand a second stick few days after coz im loving VKB and I tried it with the GNXT-K with #30 springs and it does it too. The stick is almost doing a square or a diamond almost always straight crossing from x to y axis. I want to be able to aim properly with these any advice on this?
Attachments
JOYSTICK ROTATION.PNG

hon0

Re: STICK CENTER ROTATION is it normal?

Postby hon0 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 19:12

I don't have much time so I haven't read your post fully, but to me that is what happen when you have non linear sensitivity. More precisely, lower sensitivity near the axes center.

Edit: Took the time to read fully. Seems like your issue is about the physical tension "curve" instead of the virtual sensitivity curve. I think indeed it is caused by the cam profile. Center less space cam should soon be available to order. Which avia cam are you using? Make sure to use the Soft one. And if you can try to get and give a try to the older Cam#10.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 22:16

Show a tab from the Profiles-Axes configurator.

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sun Sep 27, 2020 0:25

hon0 wrote:I don't have much time so I haven't read your post fully, but to me that is what happen when you have non linear sensitivity. More precisely, lower sensitivity near the axes center.

Edit: Took the time to read fully. Seems like your issue is about the physical tension "curve" instead of the virtual sensitivity curve. I think indeed it is caused by the cam profile. Center less space cam should soon be available to order. Which avia cam are you using? Make sure to use the Soft one. And if you can try to get and give a try to the older Cam#10.

I am already using the AVIA-S cams. And the thing is it also happens to my NXT but not sure if NXT have cams that can be swapped out. Or is it something you can train on? Im pretty new to the stick maybe just need more time on it?

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sun Sep 27, 2020 0:28

Ron61 wrote:Show a tab from the Profiles-Axes configurator.
Attachments
rot 2.PNG
rot 1.PNG

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:05

The values of those curves don't make any sense :) Reset it to default and try again.
Check this out.

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sun Sep 27, 2020 15:48

hahaha.. IKR.. help. The previous games I played(FPS) I only used to change one slider for aiming sensitivity. Now we have have Curves, Calibration, Button testers, Axis tester, Virtual joystick/gamepad, Forcefeed back even more peripherals.
Thanks for the link but I have watched it already and am using the curve editor, thing is not sure if Im doing it correctly. My stick doesnt seem to snap to where I want them to be and a bit delayed maybe.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 17:26

Show the Profile-Physical axes tab instead of Curves. And the Buttons tab.

Return to “General discussions”