vJOY _ JoestickGremling_VKB device controlstrim dosen,t works

Moderator: AdminGroup

pablete

vJOY _ JoestickGremling_VKB device controlstrim dosen,t works

Postby pablete » Thu Sep 24, 2020 23:18

Hello,

I have configured some buttons to do the timming in DCS but, for some reason I don't know, it doesn't work. Inside the controls tab if I press the key, it recognizes the assignments, but then flying the planes the trim does not react at all ...
I,m triying to swich off Vjoy to localize the problem, but even if i turn it off it keeps showing up in both JG and DCS controls. Cuando desinstalo Vjoy el tornado funciona
I have the VKB Modern Combat Pro 3.
Attachments
Sin-título-1.jpg

fallout9

Re: vJOY _ JoestickGremling_VKB device controlstrim dosen,t works

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:07

Any specific reason for using JG? It's a very powerful software made by a very dedicated person, but VKBDevCfg is better in any way; first of all because it's native software and second because it doesn't run any garbage vJoy in the background. Just remove the VKB device from vJoy/JG and it'll work as desired.

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36

Make sure that you trim button doesn't send a short pulse, but stay ON as long as you hold the button. For us to check that we need to see how your button is configured in the VKB software, and also how you 're'configured it in Gremlin. Not sure why you use Gremlin to do that? :?

The VKB software provide so many trim capabilities. More than any other software that I'm aware of. That's one of the reason I went VKB. (As I fly WWII a lot I wanted software trim for confort.. :oops: ).

The only reason I use Gremlin ON TOP OF my VKB profile is to bring inter-device communication. For exemple pressing a button on my Warthog throttle to change the mapping of some of my VKB grip button.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

pablete

Postby pablete » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:04

I am very happy with VKBDevCfg, it is a magnificent program, but I need to use Joetick Gremling to unify the rest of the devices (throttle and pedals) and to aply them different control. Also, the throttle comes with a bad shotware and JG allows me to configure it a lot better.

JG needs Vjoy to work, but this program is no longer supported because it doesn't want to pay for fireware or something like that ... bureaucratic problems with windows.

I have VKB and JG well configured (images attached), VJOy is problem ... I attached screenshots of the trim action.
The rest of the actions works, ithe problem is only with the trim.
Attachments
wdw.jpg

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:18

I don't understand, why don't you map VKB button 14 and 15 to the DCS trim up/down command directly? Or maybe that is what you have already? But if so I can't see it on the screenshot.

You should avoid using keyboard shortcut with keyboard modifier (control, shift, alt etc..) whenever possible. Here is an exemple explaining why. Especially with command that you can hold for several second.

pablete

Postby pablete » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38

I need to use modifiers or I run out of keys for controls, anyway I have tried simple keys and it doesn't work.
The problem is Vjoy, everything else works fine....

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:28

I hear you, but do not use keyboard modifier, use software modifier, both VKB and Gremlin provide that feature. See Shift and SubShit for VKB, and mode and condition for Gremlin.

pablete

Postby pablete » Fri Sep 25, 2020 13:15

Ok I understand. Anyway I have done the test assigned to trim the arrows and the problem persists.
It is very strange that Vjoy only has a problem with the trim ...may beI am focusing the problem where it is not .

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 13:25

I really need to see how you remapped the keyboard shortcut or combinaison to your VKB button thanks to Gremlin. The issue might be that you only send a pusle, or that the delay between each event of the combinaison is too short. Or maybe there is a totally different problem caused by Vjoy but I can't help with that.

pablete

Postby pablete » Fri Sep 25, 2020 13:58

Thank you hon0 for taking so much trouble on this issue.
I don't know if the attached image can help you. In VKB I have configured the order of the buttons, but the commands are applied from JG.
Attachments
sss.jpg

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 15:17

Ok, I think it should work indeed, just make sure W and X aren't mapped to anything else than trim. By default they are mapped to rudder IIRC.

pablete

Postby pablete » Fri Sep 25, 2020 16:25

These controls are a temporary test, they are not overlapping with other controls...

pablete

Postby pablete » Sat Oct 03, 2020 18:13

I had assigned a couple of controls inside DCS in the Vjoy row so everything failed ... it finally works! Thnkas for the help!

Return to “General discussions”