How to install MCG Twist Adapter soft spring?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Tremzoff

How to install MCG Twist Adapter soft spring?

Postby Tremzoff » Mon Sep 07, 2020 20:19

Hi, I'd like to change the original spring for my MCG Twist Adapter with the included soft spring. I didn't find any manual or guide and don't want to damage anything. Does anyone know how to change the spring? Any help is highly appreciated.

Tremzoff

Re: How to install MCG Twist Adapter soft spring?

Postby Tremzoff » Fri Sep 11, 2020 16:21

Since I did not receive any answers, I tried my luck myself and was finally successful:

1. Using a flat screwdriver, carefully remove the C-shaped metal lock with pressure so that the spring under tension does not fly away. It is best to hold it downwards while removing it (pic. 1).
2. The pieces after removing the C-shaped lock (pic. 2).
3. Put the soft spring on the socket and push it down. I did it with narrow pliers (pic 3).
4. Push the C-shaped lock back in place. On my adapter there is a small "notch" engraved into the metall. The middle notch of the C-shaped lock should be directly over it. If you can't push the lock fully back by only using your fingers,
try pushing it as far as possible and push it fully back by pressing it against something hard (the desk, floor...) (pic. 4).

Warning: As you can so on pic. 4, I accidentally removed the small magnet on top of the adapter. After changing the spring I pushed the magnet back in place but with the wrong side up.
After re-installing the Twist Adapter into my MCG the twist axis didn't work anymore. Until (after some exiting time...) I realized that the magnet has to be placed with the correct side up.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Tremzoff

P.S.: I see that the pics didn't upload yet. I hope they'll follow later...

Return to “General discussions”