FS 2020 and Gladiator mk. II throttle

Moderator: AdminGroup

MarkTaffin

FS 2020 and Gladiator mk. II throttle

Postby MarkTaffin » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:05

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been able to bind most of the controls I need in the new flight sim, but when I try to bind the throttle it behaves strangely. I bind the Joystick L Axis Z. I have tried binding it to Throttle Increase and Decrease, as well as just Throttle 1. Unfortunately it always behaves the same way. When I open the sensitivity screen in the game, if I have the throttle maxed, it shows appropriately like here:

But when I start to pull the throttle axis down, you can see it hits zero throttle on the diagonal line when the Z axis is only half way down (as shown by the solid white line):

And if I keep pulling the axis down farther, the in-game throttle actually begins to increase again:

And when the Z axis on the flight stick is all the way at the bottom, the in-game throttle has gone back all the way maxed out:

Hopefully this makes sense, and hopefully the screen shots display correctly. I did calibrate the stick and ran the VKB_JoyTester and verified the axis is working correctly. Any ideas?

fallout9

Re: FS 2020 and Gladiator mk. II throttle

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 18:37

Unfortunately your images are missing, but surely your issue comes from the fact that you're binding your throttle to digital instead of analog. Instead of binding it to Throttle Up and Throttle Down bind it to Throttle Axis.

MarkTaffin

Postby MarkTaffin » Sat Aug 22, 2020 20:05

Unfortunately no, I have tried binding it to both Throttle Axis and Throttle Up/Down. the problem is that as I pull the z axis lever on the joystick down from the top, the game registers the throttle going from 100% to 0% when I get half way down, and as I keep pulling it down, the game increases throttle back up to 100% when the axis lever reaches the bottom. I know this isn't an issue with the joystick, I just thought I would have a better chance of finding an answer on this board from people that actually know what they are talking about. :) I'll try to include screenshots rather than link to them.

Z Axis lever on the top (lever position shown correctly by the white line under "Joystick L-Axis Z":
20200821233933_1.jpg

Lever in the middle shows throttle at zero (indicated by dot on the diagonal line):
20200821233949_1.jpg

As I continue to pull down the throttle lever, the in-game throttle starts increasing for some reason:
20200821233953_1.jpg

Until throttle is 100% even though the lever is at the bottom.

MarkTaffin

Postby MarkTaffin » Sat Aug 22, 2020 21:49

Well, disregard. It continued to give me the same problem, even when I jumped into a plane. I continued to cycle the throttle lever up and down, and after a few times it just started working. I only had to reverse the axis at that point. I have no explanation, but happy it works now.

Return to “General discussions”