Gunfighter NXT?

Moderator: AdminGroup

faybs

Gunfighter NXT?

Postby faybs » Fri Aug 14, 2020 21:22

I just read about the Gladiator NXT system, and it seems like a great idea... instead of trying to make a one size fits all joystick/HOTAS/whatever, sell a bunch of different modules people can plug into each other and make what they need. I have a question though: I am a (very happy) Gunfighter Mk.III owner and would like to know, are there plans for a similar system for Gunfighter owners? I'm no engineer, but it seems like one should be able to replace the base plate on a desktop Gunfighter with one that lets you connect GNX modules to it, and then we can all use the same modules.

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter NXT?

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 18:45

The problem with interconnecting different devices is that electrically it works fine, but then it hits the Windows’ limitation wall, which allows only 8 axes and 128 buttons per device. So if you have a GunFighter base with a MCG Pro, for example, you’re close if not already at max number of axes allowed, so if you connect another device to this one, it’s axes won’t get recognized by Windows.
This is why the Gladiator NXT modules will come with the options to have them connected one to another or plugged into USB as a separate device.

faybs

Postby faybs » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:21

Sure, but not all modules need to have a bunch of analog axes. I would be more than happy to have a bunch of buttons and mouse wheels to complement my HOSAS layout, basically the TECS minus the throttle axes.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:17

There's a 7 pins connector on your Black Box - that's for interconnecting modules in the future. But most likely the GunFighter system will be compatible with the TECS system; Gladiator series is a different line.

Return to “General discussions”