Which controls & UCM for throttle?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Papey

Which controls & UCM for throttle?

Postby Papey » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56

Hi everyone,

Bottom line: I need some advice regarding which flight controls to purchase.

Background: In preparation for MS FS 2020 I've been looking to get some decent flight controls - I've previously used logitech extreme 3d so I'm really keen to have a decent & ergonomic setup. I don't play DCS or other flight sims at the moment, my last flying was mainly helis and some jets in ARMA 3. I'm very keen to get something decent, coupled with a VR headset down the track for an immersive flight experience. I won't have a fixed flight seat though, just my desk and gaming chair.

I was looking at either Gladiator K (which is now out of stock on aliexpress) and the Gunfighter Mk3 MCG, possibly the VKB pedals MkIV, and UCM mounts. If I were the get the Gladiator K, I planned on using a cheaper throttle like the thrustmaster TCMS (not warthog, the cheaper one) until the VKB throttle is available. Does anyone know if this is able to be mounted on the UCM-S mounts, and if so which one?

However, now that is seems out of stock, I'm considering going the gunfighter instead, though it is fairly expensive to the point that I don't think I could afford the pedals as well.

So - what are people's thoughts on getting a gunfighter with twist and thrusmaster TCMS (if it can be mounted to a UCM-S) for the time being, and looking to get the VKB throttle when its released, vs getting a Gladiator K (whenever they become available) with T-rudder?

Return to “General discussions”