Gladiator MkII gone?

Moderator: AdminGroup

CraigStu

Gladiator MkII gone?

Postby CraigStu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 16:00

I went to the VKB website to get a link to a G. MkII to recommend on a forum and it's not there. I think the Gladiator K is a great offering but the MkII was a great stick for much less $.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator MkII gone?

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:07

The Gladiator MKII has been discontinued and the stock has been exhausted in official stores. It's still on sale here, if someone is still interested: https://store.x-plane.org/Gladiator-MK-II_p_595.html

Escapetaxi

Postby Escapetaxi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 23:01

Already asked in other Sub-Forum, but... what will be the Changes in the new Version? :)

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:57

Escapetaxi

Postby Escapetaxi » Wed Jun 24, 2020 16:59

Helloh!

On the Gladiator MK. II it says in big Letters:

THE PRODUCT IS COMPLETELY SOLD OUT !
THE NEXT VARIANT OF GLADIATOR IS EXPECTED IN JULY

So, it cannot mean the Gladiator K? ...as it is already listed in EU and US Shop and we still have June.

Schu

Postby Schu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 22:55

It is a great pity that MKII is gone. I has Defender Cobra m5, but it dead at Juni, now I search new. Gladiator MkII was a direct competitor to Thrustmaster T16000M. But MkII at same price has better quality. Gladiator K costs in Europe €183.00 incl VAT, twice price, and may be customs tax while it comes from China. Thrustmaster T16000M costs in ebay.de 80 Euros and it will be at my door the day after tomorrow.

I'll wait a little, maybe I receive invent to buy from returns, then I'll look at ebay or at privat announcements, if I don't find, I'll have to buy a TM or something.
I sure don't buy Gladiator K for almost 200 euros. I don't see in K any difference in the amount of 100 euros with Saitek, TM, etc.

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:24

Schu wrote:I sure don't buy Gladiator K for almost 200 euros. I don't see in K any difference in the amount of 100 euros with Saitek, TM, etc.

Really? :shock:

You're getting a great grip and the ability to add some of VKB's other grips if you want and a significantly better quality gimbal and durability (okay it's not metal cams like on a Gunfighter but I suspect it'll have durability in the order of CH Products flight sticks but without the regular potentiometer cleaning maintenance pain) than any of the other mainstream manufacturers.

You don't think that's worth the extra?

It is a bit unfortunate that VKB were unable to continue to do both but making both probably wasn't financially viable for them.

If you can't afford the extra 100 euros then fair enough, that's a shame for you, but to say it's not worth the extra 100 euros over the likes of Saitek or TM is just silly.

Schu

Postby Schu » Sat Jul 04, 2020 15:15

Of all the above, I need only durability and accuracy of the MaRS sensors.
Not everyone interested of VKB's other grips, connection of pedals, etc.
We have a similar problem in forestry - every handler is ready to sell Jeep Kompass or Toyota RAV4 , but we need 4-5 Suzuki Samurai or something like that. We need the simplest equipment in which there is nothing to break and without modern systems of safety and comfort driving. Why we must buy Kompass for 2 prices and use only 30% of its capabilities when we need Samurai?
I already wrote, I had a Defender Cobra m5 with Njoy32 (once bought for 50-60 euros). Cobra m5 arranged me for 200%, I would like buy exactly the same. But it not more exist. Gladiator MK2 can be ersatz for 1,5 price, but now out of Stock too. And I am invited to pay three times more. Should I be happy about that?

Return to “General discussions”