MK III with KG12 grip and 100mm extesion

Moderator: AdminGroup

Smelly Fella

MK III with KG12 grip and 100mm extesion

Postby Smelly Fella » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:14

After watching a slew of Youtube reviews and reading many online reviews about VKB grips and Gunfighter bases I went to the VKB store to place an order for a MK.III with an MCE grip with a 100mm extension, but was pleasantly surprised to find they offer a KG12 grip! Which is very cool because I mostly fly the BF-109 and other German aircraft in IL2 BoS, so that's what I ordered. I have not seen/read any reviews for the particular set up I got, they've all been about the MK. II/III with the MCE grip. So if anybody here is using a MK.III with a KG12 grip (with 100mm extension) what are your pros and cons about it when it comes to flying WW2 aircraft in sims like Il2 BoS ? Thanks

Mirage2000

Re: MK III with KG12 grip and 100mm extesion

Postby Mirage2000 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:22

Hello.

I have a mk3 with a kg12 without extension.
The kg12 is very nice. Similar to the gladiator kg12 but with a metal trigger.
You will need a rudder because this one don t have the twist axis.

For the extension, i can t tell you. Actually i am also interested about a feedback on this 100mm extension because i am not fully happy without. :)

I came from a t16km, i also have a virpil warbd (P51 style)
My feeling is that the stroke is very small on the gunfighter base, so, i think that this base need an extension to work properly.
If you want a desktop setup, i think the warbrd base is better. But they dont have the kg12... lol

MajSharpe

Re: MK III with KG12 grip and 100mm extesion

Postby MajSharpe » Wed Apr 29, 2020 14:39

I have the 100mm extension which I use with the F-14 and twin SGC grips, as well as the 250mm extension, which I use with the KG12 and MGCPro.

Having bought the extensions, I couldn’t go back now. With the soft centre cams and stronger springs the 100mm extensions give you a much nicer feel and are so precise. I can wholeheartedly recommend them.

Return to “General discussions”