Gunfighter Pro product improvement suggestion (real trim hat)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Johnny

Gunfighter Pro product improvement suggestion (real trim hat)

Postby Johnny » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:23

I've a Gunfighter Pro MkII and it's a wonderful stick. My only gripe is the upper analogue stick used for trim. As I understand most guys use this for trim. I would much rather have a snappy china hat as on the the Warthog stick as I find the operation and feedback much more intuitive in a digital hat for trimming. Now, with the Kosmosima in the line-up, I believe you no longer need the Gunfighter to be a jack of all trades stick catering both aviator and space simmers. It would be nice to either see an a) official digital china hat mod or b) an updated Gunfighter stick with a digital china hat, or both. That's my two cents.
Last edited by Johnny on Fri May 29, 2020 9:48, edited 1 time in total.

hon0

Re: Gunfighter Pro product improvement suggestion

Postby hon0 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:00

+1, I would love to see an upgraded MCG PRO (Not Gunfighter, Gunfighter is the base) with a 8 or 9 way hat instead of the Master Mode Ministick. Or the possibility to swap as on the Kosmosima. Something else I'm not fan on the MCG PRO are the gate on all the hat. I would prefer not to have them, or have them optional.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Mar 04, 2020 23:03

I personally use the MCG's Master Mode Hat in POV mode, so it's just a digital button I assign in DCS for the nose up/down, wings left/right trimmer functions. I never use the analog option for trimming that the Master Mode Hat offers - relative axis mode is not really useful for that at all.

To toggle between analog and POV modes, you can press the hat down for 1 sec (assuming you're using the default MCG profile and not a custom profile where the relative axes mode is disabled anyway).

(The Gate Control analog axis I usually use for slewing TDCs in DCS, and depress it to assign/lock targets)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Drano

Postby Drano » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:52

I use VR so I generally don't need it for views but keep it there anyway. I do use the axii for pitch and roll trim. I have them adjusted to relative age have the response set slowly so it doesn't go nuts. Quick press centers them. Never heard of a stick that did that so I had to figure out a way to use it.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Sat Mar 07, 2020 18:44

rrohde wrote:I personally use the MCG's Master Mode Hat in POV mode, so it's just a digital button I assign in DCS for the nose up/down, wings left/right trimmer functions. I never use the analog option for trimming that the Master Mode Hat offers - relative axis mode is not really useful for that at all.

To toggle between analog and POV modes, you can press the hat down for 1 sec (assuming you're using the default MCG profile and not a custom profile where the relative axes mode is disabled anyway).

(The Gate Control analog axis I usually use for slewing TDCs in DCS, and depress it to assign/lock targets)

I use the master mode hat in POV mode too but the point is that the stick with its long throw, and in context also flimsy throw, is not as distinct compared with a traditional trim hat. A clicky china hat is much better for aviation in my opinion.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Mar 07, 2020 22:45

Yep, good point. Certainly worth for the VKB engineers to consider.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:42

Thank you for considering this! :D
If it becomes reality I'll definitely purchase such a mod/upgrade.

andyt

Postby andyt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:05

Another vote for this suggestion! I would love to have the hats be simply 4 ways and not "free floating mini sticks". Also, if possible, larger hats would be great!

Return to “General discussions”