Space Combat Grip (SCG) / Kosmosima w/Brake Lever

Moderator: AdminGroup

ddrake1984

Space Combat Grip (SCG) / Kosmosima w/Brake Lever

Postby ddrake1984 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:15

Hi Guys

Just curious if there would be an option (rev 2?) perhaps to make a kosmosima with a brake lever?
I could see some practical use for it, but I am interested to see if others think the same?

hon0

Re: Space Combat Grip (SCG) / Kosmosima w/Brake Lever

Postby hon0 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:10

I can see practical use as well, that's why I didn't get one yet. I would like a SCG in my left hand with a brake lever. (I would even prefer a left hand MCG in fact). That I would use for Space Sim and also for helicopter collective, using the Dry Clutch.

In Space Sim (Star Citizen being the one I am the most interested in) I would use the lever to control the thrust limiter, pretty much like a motor cycle clutch lever.
And in Helicopter IIRC on the KA50 there is a lever that both act as a.. "brake" for the collective, and also each time we pull it we disengage the altitude helper and it reengage when we release it, taking the current altitude as new reference.
Last edited by hon0 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 17:25

Even without a mechanical lever, we can emulate its work. The twist axis does not have to be absolute. It will make both a throttle and a zoom (the Cn check box is removed), etc.
As a result of the settings, from one axis of the twist we will have two independent ones. Switch between them hang on the button.
True indication of the mode should be asked to make Alex_Oz. I also tried to attach separate brakes to this brake - separate ones happened, only the second one is not picked up :( .
Check box "R" on the 8 axis in logical stands for convenient use of palm rotation.

Virt Br.png
Switch.jpg

So we get the Throttle or the Z axis of the approximation.

Throttle.jpg

p.s. Bind the indication of the selected axis mode.

P-Alternate.jpg

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:48

Hi Ron61

The reason why I asked for interest in a separate lever is because twist feels unnatural for me (mine is locked), whereas a brake lever is a much nicer implementation and easier to activate with your finger and not your wrist

MCG (axis) and F14 (button lever) grips have very nice implementations and offer space sim players a bit more functionality without the use of switch/tempo/shift functions.

DimSim

Postby DimSim » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:40

+1 I'm holding off for a brake lever update for this joystick.
Preferably analog + button action.
I'd like to buy an expensive joystick only once, so seeking perfection.

Return to “General discussions”