Gunfighter2 design

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jorki Rasalas

Gunfighter2 design

Postby Jorki Rasalas » Thu Feb 06, 2020 22:39

I’ve just upgraded my gf2 to gf3 dustcover and find there’s still a bit of pressure exerted by the rubber boot. This is a little annoying as I thought the new rubber boot avoided this, however the worse thing is that it highlights the dry clutch adjustment is accessible only from the top of the unit, after removing the grip, rubber boot and top plate. This doesn’t seem the best design from a user’s viewpoint. I’d like to suggest it would be better if the dry clutch adjustment was accessible from underneath. Then the tension could be quickly checked with the grip in place and the tension adjusted accordingly. Just a thought for future designs (a mk4 perhaps?)

P.S. I use dual kosmosima with the left unit providing a throttle function (no spring on Y axis, clutch adjusted to hold where left), so this rubber boot effect is quite obvious.

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter2 design

Postby fallout9 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 0:16

I use GFIII Kosmosima as left hand stick with no springs on Y axis and there's no pressure coming from the boot. I remember I told you on Discord a while ago how to fit the boot: pull the lip towards the grip and push the boot around the lip down so the lip would face up.

Jorki Rasalas

Postby Jorki Rasalas » Fri Feb 07, 2020 21:39

Yes. I had seen the photo of correct boot installation and had set them properly before fitting the grips. Checked today and found they had both been pushed down while fitting the grips. Pulled them up but the left stick is still having problem at zero throttle. Maybe need to pull it up again! Difficult to do that with the kosmosima in the way (no extension).

But my point was the clutch adjustment would be better fitted upside down, i.e. accessible from beneath and adjustable with the grip and boot fitted. 8)

Kaboodles

Postby Kaboodles » Fri Feb 07, 2020 22:31

Would it be possible to simply reverse the bolt so that the head is on the bottom? I imagine you could just put a washer and small lock nut on the other end to keep the bolt in place.

Jorki Rasalas

Postby Jorki Rasalas » Sat Feb 08, 2020 0:44

I don’t know. That’s something for VKB to comment on! 8)

Return to “General discussions”