Electronics Upgrade Kit for Gunfighter - questions

Moderator: AdminGroup

Gutser

Electronics Upgrade Kit for Gunfighter - questions

Postby Gutser » Thu Jan 16, 2020 13:43

Hello.

I own a Gunfighter Mk.II with SCG Premium-R (and CH Pro throttle). This configuration is for Elite: Dangerous PvP action. As you all know, I must reorder the space-cams to make the Space-Combat-Grip/Gunfighter work like a Space-stick.

While I reorder the necessary cams, I´m also thinking about ordering the Electronics upgrade.

- Which advantages have the "Electronics Upgrade Kit" (from MK.II to MK.III)?
- Does somebody test it and can report the difference in practice?

Gutser

Re: Electronics Upgrade Kit for Gunfighter - questions

Postby Gutser » Mon Jan 20, 2020 13:18

Still nobody can explain the difference between the MK II and MK III electronics in practice?

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jan 21, 2020 14:51

The new electronics are explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3920

The difference in practice probably hard to say.
I know my Mk III is quite smooth.

Gutser

Postby Gutser » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:12

I did read this for sure!

Maybe I´m little bit to pragmatic but definitions like "because we can!" and "No one in real life would use all horsepowers and N/ms of torque" are no definitions for me, it´s just like: "buy it, it´s good". I realy would like to trust vkb as far as you do but I obtained to many inconsistencies. Response time, delivery delays, "because we can!" - why don´t they can put space cams to the space grip? Why don´t they can directly gice an costly Gunfighter the extra electronics?

Maybe I´m just to "German" but if vkb want to be seen as the quality producer, then please explain the product a bit more qualified, not just with amarican slogans.

P.s.: dburne, I´m wondering how you can explain the difference between MK II and MK III, do you test the MK II in practice before?

dburne

Postby dburne » Wed Jan 22, 2020 15:31

No I went from MK I to Mk III.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 21:09

Gutser wrote:I did read this for sure!
Maybe I´m little bit to pragmatic but definitions like "because we can!" and "No one in real life would use all horsepowers and N/ms of torque" are no definitions for me, it´s just like: "buy it, it´s good".

You sound a bit upset for some reason so let me try and break this for you. The announcement is describing exactly the product; it's a mix of technical and marketing language meant to keep things in balance so it won't sound too technical or too pompous.
The most important things from this upgrade are:
- each axis with its own micro-controller. You could look at it like a comparison between a 3600x processor with 6 cores compared with the 3700x processor with 8 cores. Can you really feel that if you upgrade? Not immediately, but there's improvement; also future applications will run better on the upgraded 8 core processor.
- less wires. Wires could get in the way especially considering there are a lot of moving parts around them. There are only a few left now and they have a safe place to rest. Also less connectors to fail.
- the new dust cover. It's thick and better material than before.
- LED on the case - self explanatory.
- new sets of cams and springs - self explanatory.

Gutser wrote:I realy would like to trust vkb as far as you do but I obtained to many inconsistencies. Response time, delivery delays, "because we can!"

You have to understand how VKB works - they have the HQ in China and that covers only some parts of the world. They also have dealers in NA and Europe. The fact that the products are late in Europe is not because VKB or the local dealer don't like European people, but because of EU laws and taxes the products have to get shipped from HQ to the dealer, stored locally after clearing customs and only afterwards shipped to the customer. NA customers are getting their products directly from China sometimes in less than a week since order date.

Gutser wrote:why don´t they can put space cams to the space grip? Why don´t they can directly gice an costly Gunfighter the extra electronics?

I don't understand this - they just launched a new set of space cams. And they also released an UPGRADE which means if you already have a base you could upgrade to the latest WITHOUT buying a new one. And only this thing is saying a lot because they could make more money selling only new bases without upgrading the old ones.

Gutser wrote:Maybe I´m just to "German" but if vkb want to be seen as the quality producer,

VKB is a quality producer, best on the market at this time. Browse this forum and see how many technical issues you'll find compared with Virpil's forum. Or do the same on Reddit.
I'm not taking Thrustmaster and Logitech into this as they're dinosaurs selling outdated and overpriced items because of people's ignorance.
Last edited by fallout9 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong wording

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Jan 22, 2020 22:29

@fallout9: Well said! :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Gutser

Postby Gutser » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:59

Hey, thanks for your answer.

Maybe I sound a little upset but I´m not. It´s more frustration because I wait a long time for a space sim setup (stick/base) from vkb. This starts with the MCG-twist announcement. Now, years later I still do not have usable space sim setup from vkb. I can´t use the SCG/Gunfighter combination for space sim PvP fights, not without the space cams at least. I have to use the "Dino" Thrustmaster 16000 simply because it has twist and "linear"/no resistance.

I know that vkb have quality products (my first stick was the Cobra btw.) and I´m still looking forward to use a vkb grip/base. But it is also fact that I cannot use my Space Combat Grip with Gunfighter right now because the lack of space cams. Maybe it´s my fault that a package with a "Space" Combat Grip would include space cams.

Anyway, I´m mainly watining for the space cams to be in stock. And it would be nice if a full upgrade package (electronics, cover, cams) would be availible in Europe.

Gutser

Postby Gutser » Fri Jan 24, 2020 19:19

... meanwhile Eduardo deliverd all answers I need.

I realy do the little moaning because I want to have the only full high quality Space Joystick on the marked - Gunfighter with SCG! Damn.

Thank you Eduardo for your answers.

Return to “General discussions”