New Guy with a question about ordering

Moderator: AdminGroup

Lance

New Guy with a question about ordering

Postby Lance » Mon Jan 13, 2020 23:45

Guys, long time sim racer making the move to space sims. Been researching VKB and Virpil for some months and have decided to pull the trigger on VKB with two Gunfighters with SCGs for dual sticks. Part of the reason I went with VKB, beside that it seems to always win in head to head with Virpil for quality is that Virpil products I would order wouldn't even be available for me till March or later. I see from alot of reports that VKB is worse than Virpil on having stock but the NA website shows everything available to order. Does anyone know how long it would take to receive if I order today and can I be sure its even in stock by looking at the NA website? I read the post above about the NA store but then I still see guys who ordered 4 months ago and can't even get a email about their product but these guys could be in other areas of the world. I thought the hard part was picking out the right stick for me but actually getting the sticks might be the real challenge. I just worry when I read overwhelmingly that Virpil is better on having stock and getting it out quicker but they prob would be able to supply me what I want to order for months. Will I get the same issues waiting for months with VKB right now if I order? Any advice would be great and sorry if this stuff has been asked a 100 times. I am used to niche hardware so I have no problem on waiting and Im not complaining but I just need a idea of the time frame to make a educated choice.

fallout9

Re: New Guy with a question about ordering

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 0:27

Hi Lance, if the product shows as available then it means it's on stock; VKB doesn't take pre-orders. Products are shipped within 7-10 days from order date (even sooner very often) and it takes another 3-5 days to arrive in NA.

Lance

Postby Lance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:48

10-4 and thanks for the quick reply. That's all I needed to know.

Lance

Postby Lance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 21:25

The excitement was short lived. Lol. So can we not order at all till after Chinese New year? Seems it won't take any configuration that I attempt to put in cart.

Edit: after a little looking around it appears no more orders till the second of Feb.. Damn the luck.

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jan 21, 2020 14:59

Yeah they take their Chinese New Year holiday quite serious...
Hang in there, it will be worth the wait.

Return to “General discussions”