Solution for Kosmosima roughness!

Moderator: AdminGroup

x15adam

Solution for Kosmosima roughness!

Postby x15adam » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:31

Hello everyone,

I Just got my kosmosima (+ GF Mk.2) today. One of my worries was that the z-axis rotation was gonna be rough after reading about it so much and not seeing solutions. After sticking the stick on the base and twisting it I was delighted to see that the z-axis rotation was smooth as silk. Only after fixing the stick to the base via the "cylinders" did I realize that there was roughness being introduced in the Z axis, most noticeably in one direction.

I have been able to fix it on my own using no additional tools (other than the screw driver in the box and the finger on your hand) and I believe I can help those that are dealing with the issue.

(Please open the attached image and read alongside)

The issue is the cylinder scraping against the lip. For me it was the left side cylinder. The fix was to unscrew both cylinders (from the right side), then rescrew them (again from the right) but with applying left pressure on the left cylinder from the get-go using your finger. This shifts the screw bias more to the center (as it seemed to originally just want to pull the right cylinder in towards the left rather than move both in towards the middle equally).

The way to isolate if this is your same issue and if this solution will work for you is to stick your kosmosima on the base without actually mounting it (as in dont use the cylinders and screw), then try the z-axis. If the z-axis is smooth there then your issue is the cylinders not being flush and equally towards center.

Thank you. Hope that helps.
Attachments
20191112_161247.png

fallout9

Re: Solution for Kosmosima roughness!

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:26

While I appreciate your good intentions to inform people about some issues you think you've found I don't like that you're presenting it like being a general issue. Does the locking cylinder grinds against the bottom of the grip? Yes, BUT only by user error: if you don't properly fit the 2 cylinders' cutouts around the metal shaft of the base it will grind. If the cutouts are bracing the shaft there's no grinding.
In order to prevent the scrapping you don't need to twist and wait for the grinding noise (damaging the stick at the same time); you could simply visually inspect on both sides to see if the locking ring went all the way in - if it's in then it's properly seated; if it's not in then one of the locking cylinders is out of position and need to be re-seated by loosing the screw.

rrohde

Re: Solution for Kosmosima roughness!

Postby rrohde » Thu Nov 14, 2019 0:59

Agreed with fallout's assessment. You'll just have to tighten the grip fastener enough until it's flush with the SCG's base connector on both sides.

Thanks.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “General discussions”