US product availability and US dealership stock explained

Moderator: AdminGroup

vossiewulf

US product availability and US dealership stock explained

Postby vossiewulf » Wed Oct 23, 2019 0:53

The US distributor is out of stock of most stick products, and in particular the one I am looking for: Gunfighter II + SCG Premium handle. When will they be receiving more? Christmas is just around the corner.

EXPLANATION FROM VKB DEN
It will perhaps take more repetitions before people get used to the new reality but I don't mind repeating!

1 - US dealer has no stock. Never had. Hardly ever will.
US dealer ONLY collects and processes orders. All orders to the US are sent directly from China.
2 - There is NO shortage of bases. Neither there is of grips. Neither, of base+grip sets.
US dealer sometimes gets late with site stock updates/refreshing, hence the goods appears "out of stock". It does damage our reputation some, as it contradicts to what I have written above but little we can do about it, at least now (we're working on it though).

Now, to the point. We DO have this grip in set with a GF2 in stock in China. Demand the dealer update the shop information, and place the order. We will ship it out within 36 hours.

explanation added by AeroGator :)

aklambda

Re: US product availability

Postby aklambda » Wed Oct 23, 2019 13:17

They had quite some stock in the last couple of weeks. I am sure they will get some back soon. But as all people will tell you, it takes a bit of time and patience to get a VKB product. Totally worth any amount of wait time, though!!!

Alternatively, you could try to order from Aliexpress in China but I do not know about delivery times, costs and import taxes.

vossiewulf

Postby vossiewulf » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:19

Thanks. I understand boutique manufacturing, I have many things from similar manufacturers in other areas. I also go back to before the original CH Flightstick and have owned pretty much everything including the Warthog HOTAS, so generally familiar with the whole joystick context.

If the US store had a lot of stock then a swarm of joystick locusts passed through, I think you can get a couple left-handed sticks if you want, otherwise most things seem out of stock. With Christmas coming, that doesn't seem to be the best money-making strategy for VKB.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:37

vossiewulf wrote:If the US store had a lot of stock then a swarm of joystick locusts passed through, I think you can get a couple left-handed sticks if you want, otherwise most things seem out of stock. With Christmas coming, that doesn't seem to be the best money-making strategy for VKB.

aklambda wrote:They had quite some stock in the last couple of weeks. I am sure they will get some back soon. But as all people will tell you, it takes a bit of time and patience to get a VKB product. Totally worth any amount of wait time, though!!!

:twisted:
It will perhaps take more repetitions before people get used to the new reality but I don't mind repeating!

1 - US dealer has no stock. Never had. Hardly ever will.
US dealer ONLY collects and processes orders. All orders to the US are sent directly from China.
2 - There is NO shortage of bases. Neither there is of grips. Neither, of base+grip sets.
US dealer sometimes gets late with site stock updates/refreshing, hence the goods appears "out of stock". It does damage our reputation some, as it contradicts to what I have written above but little we can do about it, at least now (we're working on it though).

Now, to the point. We DO have this grip in set with a GF2 in stock in China. Demand the dealer update the shop information, and place the order. We will ship it out within 36 hours.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

vossiewulf

Postby vossiewulf » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:46

Thanks for repeating. Even though I am impressed with VKB products, it's not enough for me to habituate your forums for months on end :) I should have probably searched though before asking.

Anyway, thanks for the clear information. I don't need to order one tomorrow, so I will talk to the US distributor and see if we can get this worked out.

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:51

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gun ... at-edition shows GF II (non-pro) for both left and right Kosmo premium in stock...

DinoMight

Re: US product availability and US dealership stock explained

Postby DinoMight » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:33

This is the response I get when I contact VKB NA about grip extensions.

Theres a disconnect between them and whoever runs the show. I've been trying to get a gunfighter gen 1 200mm curved extension forever, and I am getting bounced back and forth with no way to do anything...

Return to “General discussions”