VKB Force Feedback (someday)?

Moderator: AdminGroup

hon0

VKB Force Feedback (someday)?

Postby hon0 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 16:27

Repost from VKB Force Feedback (someday)? on r/Hotas.
https://youtu.be/Ta0F9OSAW0o
Thanks to all participants, it was both informative and funny.

Official Explanation by AeroGator :) yes with a smile but still official
There are many things we are thinking over and/or working on.
There are some things we can gossip about in the circle of friends and loyal supporters.
It would be silly to deny that yes ideas about force feedback are coming to us.
But it would be equally silly to say they are in the top half of our list.
We can't prevent all smells from seeping out of our kitchen window, but the curtain is still down on this window, and will remain this way.
We will not comment on this topic. At all. Whatever we say in friendly chats cannot and should not be seen as "planned leaks" - it is all gossip, until otherwise stated.

Peace :wink:
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

ddrake1984

Re: VKB Force Feedback (someday)?

Postby ddrake1984 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 23:54

while I do enjoy this video, I am not sure it's a good video.

people will get the wrong idea/impression from when UIV jokingly promised FFB
if or when he does, it will be his decision to make formally in the announcement section of the forum, not in a recording after some fun he had in an aircraft.

Fri13

Re: VKB Force Feedback (someday)?

Postby Fri13 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 16:22

If there is ever going to be a FF (Force Feedback, and not FFB = Force Feed Back) it must be completely electronic instead mechanical. Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1BKkZs3DvA

Now that you can notice is completely without any gimbal or cams, it is all generated by the electronic magnets.
So if VKB could license that base, or license their Stick connector to that and blackbox connection, it would be amazing.

That would be my dream base, why? Because you can just swap the stick profile (virtual cams, springs, gimbal etc) between the aircraft you fly, or do you add extension or not. You could go from a force sensing stick to extended helicopter trimmable stick and then to something else. No need to have multiple bases, change cams and springs but just change profile. But I wouldn't accept that base without any other grip than VKB MCG and its connector and idea how it is just 3-pin etc.

Return to “General discussions”