Gladiator Pro + Kosmosima center mount

Moderator: AdminGroup

CaptainFlint42

Gladiator Pro + Kosmosima center mount

Postby CaptainFlint42 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:55

I'm currently using a Gladiator Pro + Kosmosima. I'd like to experiment with a center mounted stick instead of side mounted. Is there a way to adjust the cant/angle for better center stick ergonomics like is shown on the Gladiator Pro + KG12? Would this be possible with the Gunfighter Mk1 also?
I suppose I could drill a second little hole in the housing and rotate the twist axis and lock it in place, but that doesn't seem like a great solution.
Thanks in advance!!

AeroGator

Re: Gladiator Pro + Kosmosima center mount

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05

CaptainFlint42 wrote:center mounted stick instead of side mounted

Errrr..., what exactly do you mean by "side mounted" and "center mounted"??
:?:
Best Regards,
AeroGator

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Jul 29, 2019 16:40

Like this:

A center mounted stick requires the grip to be rotated to the left (by 15deg or so) for better ergonomics, while a side stick is usually straight.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

CaptainFlint42

Postby CaptainFlint42 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:55

Thanks rrhode! Great picture!

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:33

you said cant angle, but also mentioned twist? which were you looking to do, or where you looking to do both?
I wouldn't suggest on cant angle as this will impact your return to center unless you run stronger springs.

CaptainFlint42

Postby CaptainFlint42 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:43

So this is a desktop mounted setup - no extensions.
I'd like to rotate the stick counter-clockwise a little bit for better ergonomics for a center mounted stick, as rrohde explained. The instructions show this is possible with the KG-12, and I'm wondering if it's also possible with the Kosmosima. I couldn't see anything obvious.

My "hack" idea was to rotate the twist axis, drill an extra hole in the plastic housing (just left of the existing hole) to lock that twist axis into place via the existing tapped screw location. Of course then I couldn't use the twist axis in that setup, which makes it not an ideal solution.

hon0

Postby hon0 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:25

ddrake1984 wrote:
CaptainFlint42 wrote:Thanks rrhode! Great picture!

you said cant angle, but also mentioned twist? which were you looking to do, or where you looking to do both?
I wouldn't suggest on cant angle as this will impact your return to center unless you run stronger springs.

And even if the stick recenter itself correctly thanks to an adequate Cam - springs - Dry Ctluch settings, the force required to use it won't be even on each direction due to gravity.

I think what the OP want to know is if he can rotate his grip anti clockwise up to 15° like with the other grip.

VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:33

As I understand it, you have the right SCG. And to turn counterclockwise, you need to drill a new hole. Approximately as in the picture.
If you understand that at the same time you lose the guarantee and the success of this operation will depend only on the availability of the appropriate tool, skill and directness of the hands - then why not? :)
If you are actively using the rotation axis, it is better to seal the old holes, insert a plastic pin.

SCG tuning 1.png

Return to “General discussions”