Gladiator owners - try this mod to remove center-bump and make the action feel really premium....

Moderator: AdminGroup

dkouts

Gladiator owners - try this mod to remove center-bump and make the action feel really premium....

Postby dkouts » Fri May 03, 2019 9:03

I did this my my NON-PRO Gladiator, I assume the pro works too, if you feel it will improve things.

Unscrew the metal base-plate and REMOVE the 2 x springs from their lugs, then screw the base-plate back on.

Without the springs, the stick will be floppy and wont center.

Then, detach the two-piece palm-rest that the edge of your hand rests on (you need to sacrifice it for this mod, but you wont miss it.)

Then, use the back of a pencil to pry up the inner-most layer of the rubber sheath on the base, stretch it up and around the lower ridge of the main grip.

Work your way around the stick, stretching the rubber evenly all around the base of the shaft.

Video demo of the end result here...

https://imgur.com/a/QhJtyOa

The action feels super-premium now and there is ZERO center-bump, making for accurate, smooth small movements at the center of the action.

You really feel like you're activating something deeper than a plastic joystick and the action has a stretchy resistance at the extremes.

You can actually make smooth figure-8 patterns in Windows' Control Panel properties and you can always undo it as it doesn't destroy anything.

The twist is a bit tighter due to the extra rubber, so it will be a little harder to twist (some might like that!)

If you do it, let me know your thoughts!

AeroGator

Re: Gladiator owners - try this mod to remove center-bump and make the action feel really premium....

Postby AeroGator » Thu May 23, 2019 5:21

So has anyone tried this?
Would be interesting to see a picture log!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “General discussions”