Kosmosima twist resistance

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: Kosmosima twist resistance

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 19:18

nyvn wrote:Would it be possible to get some instructions regarding the best way to open this part of the grip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PyCRQAMVuQ

redlir

Postby redlir » Sat Apr 20, 2019 0:47

This video doesn't cover taking the twist mechanism apart.

I took one apart the other night and it's fairly straight forward. Once you remove the twist section by removing the 2 locking bolts, you can see a magnet at the top of the mechanism.
The magnet can be lifted up and removed ( carefully ) and underneath there is a screw that holds it all together.

Bill

Postby Bill » Sat Apr 20, 2019 17:38

Would it be possible to get some instructions regarding the best way to open this part of the grip?

I agree with this request. I personally do not have a problem with the spring tension, but the deep detent and sticktion are something I would like to fix. I had the rudder twist assembly out of the stick yesterday and decided not to try to open it up at this time as the risk of breaking it looked high.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47

nyvn wrote:Would it be possible to get some instructions regarding the best way to open this part of the grip?

Hardly.
We never stand in the way of customers making modifications to their devices, but this doesn't mean we support every such attempt.
Our attitude has always been "you're free to do it, but it is all your own risk; "just modification" will not void the warranty, but reckless and unreasonable - sure will".
So far it worked.
We might make some explanatory post or tutorial some time, but honestly this particular issue is not a priority.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “General discussions”