SCG Management, Profile and Manual

Moderator: AdminGroup

kosta

Original Profile

Postby kosta » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:25

Hello,
can I somewhere obtain an original profile for the Kosmosima Premium right-handed grip?

kosta

SCG Management, Profile and Manual

Postby kosta » Sat Mar 30, 2019 18:44

Hello,
I got the SCG recently, but I am really struggling to understand some things.

Is it only me, or is it just extremely complicated and hard to understand the VKBDevCfg? I mean, I am an IT-Admin, so I am really into tech-stuff, but when it comes to Joystick management, I fail completely. I know there's nothing better, I already searched, but I thought that had to be said.

Then there's a fact there is no default profile available on VKB-FTP. It's not really that hard to upload, right?

And there is no manual for the joystick - for instance, I am wondering the whole time what those two LEDs on the top of the stick represent, and how I can use them. I loaded the profile from ddrake1983, but never found any description how to use it.

All in all, that makes for me a very expensive piece of hardware really a very unenjoyable experience.

hon0

Re: SCG Management, Profile and Manual

Postby hon0 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 18:55

VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

kosta

Postby kosta » Sat Mar 30, 2019 22:50

Oh yes, I know the VKBDevCfg manual. That's actually what I've been talking about.
And yes, I know about the forum.

At least I figured out what the little red LED does... analog/digital POV. Nice.
Rest I'll ask on the forum...

kosta

SCG Configuration Questions

Postby kosta » Sat Mar 30, 2019 23:06

Hello,

I'm figuring out how to configure SCG for Elite Dangerous.
What do you use dual stage trigger for? While I'm thinking primary and secondary fire, not really sure about that. Sometimes I want them to shoot at the same time, sometimes not. Sometimes I would want to keep firing the secondary, while my lasers recharge.

What is the upper big LED for?

rtrski

Re: SCG Configuration Questions

Postby rtrski » Sun Mar 31, 2019 14:46

Big LED is for whatever you want it to be for, but to enable access to programming it in the software you need to add "User=Developer" to your Zconfig.ini file. I thought I might have mine show whether the analog hat is in analog mode or digital 8-way mode, perhaps [EDIT - that's what the little one is already for, duh!!]. Or just have it toggle a different color when I use a certain control, e.g. have it on when I have hit the control I plan to map to landing gear or cargo scoop perhaps. I ultimately plan on playing in VR as I get all my new LH and RH mapping done, so the LED is just for 'cosplay' basically. ;-) From what I'm reading that zconfig change also lets you access programming for the blackbox LEDs.

As far as primary/secondary trigger I went through some of the same thinking as I configured my RH MCG-Pro (and now have a LH Kosmosima myself, replacing an X56 throttle that was in the left position, so I'll be replanning my overall control distribution). I made the decision that the 'secondary' trigger behind the primary was not how I wanted to isolate either weapon group. I programmed both to the Primary fire group in Elite, and was using the 'brake lever' as Secondary fire, but that will now move to the LH trigger (again, both "primary" and "secondary" stages on the trigger itself.

Full disclosure as of this posting I've only mounted the LH stick; haven't even powered the computer on yet since recieving it! So that's all hopefully today. I also have to make sure I have an up to date version of VKBConfig, and the firmware for the Kosmo, and make that zconfig.ini change myself....if I happen to find anything particularly fun I'll reply again.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Sun Mar 31, 2019 18:48

Some other users have successfully used the larger LED to indicate "shift states" which correspond to different sensitivity profiles/curves or deadzone profiles within the stick profile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments ... ce_combat/

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 0:08

I use dual stage for primary / secondary and another button (red) [A2] on RH stick for just secondary fire.

kosta

Postby kosta » Mon Apr 01, 2019 0:24

Hello,
I've actually already downloaded your profile. I just don't really understand the configuration. Is there a description or a way for me to analyze?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:17

kosta wrote:Rest I'll ask on the forum...

Well you kinda are on the forum already.
I will try to reply you today, stay tuned.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:36

kosta wrote:Rest I'll ask on the forum...

OK what is it exactly that you want your grip to do? What functions assigned to what controls?
Best Regards,
AeroGator

kosta

Postby kosta » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53

Well, for one I would like to make three configs for ED, one general for flying, fighting and driving. How I configure them, well, that I would have to try out, but safe to say, each would have some little specifics. General config would always be the same.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:06

kosta wrote:Well, for one I would like to make three configs for ED, one general for flying, fighting and driving. How I configure them, well, that I would have to try out, but safe to say, each would have some little specifics. General config would always be the same.

>>>
AeroGator wrote:OK what is it exactly that you want your grip to do? What functions assigned to what controls?

P.S. I merged nearly all threads you started into this one for convenience of the forum users.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:18

Feel free to read this, I started discussion on what worked for me in the profile

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3415

The profile you already have is here

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments ... um=ios_app

I can help you map to Elite, or I can help you with profile, but what do you want to do?

Mil-Spec

Postby Mil-Spec » Fri Apr 05, 2019 22:54

Hey Drake, my Kosmosima Premium right-handed grip should arrive on the 9th. I will be using it to play Elite Dangerous and I really enjoy flying FA-Off. This is my first VKB stick and I know absolutely nothing about VKB's software. I have also been eyeing your pre-made profile. Does your profile have a way of making the X,Y,Z axis less sensitive for FA-Off use (set joystick curves), maybe using your shift states to toggle curves on and off? I will be flying with my Kosmosima paired with my Thrustmaster TWCS throttle, so no duel stick setup for me. I would really like to create a shift state for FA Off use in combat, a shift state with no cures for flight assist on use, and maybe a third one for whatever (SRV driving or something like that). I'm sure I will have lots of questions when my stick finally arrives!

Also, does anyone know of any English tutorial videos on how to use the VKB software in conjunction with the Kosmosima? Just reading over the manual on VKB's website makes my head hurt! It looks way to technical for this guy. I just want to be able to setup joystick curves and create some shift states.

Thanks,

Return to “General discussions”