Building HOTAS w/Gladiator

Moderator: AdminGroup

hingepin

Building HOTAS w/Gladiator

Postby hingepin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31

I've been scouring the boards and net and haven't found a solution/answer. I plan to put together a HOTAS setup with the Gladiator as the focus. T-Rudders come tomorrow and will use those with an Extreme 3D Pro until I can make a decision on the stick. Plan to add the TECS as it comes available. What I'm having a hard deciding is do I go for the go for the pro or non-pro version? I know the differences in the two models and having the ability of swapping out grips is appealing as I become more proficient in sims, flying and types of aircraft I'll fly. Never got into flight sims long because it wasn't enjoyable with cheap crappy sticks I chose. Even after making a mount and putting the stick at a more comfortable level.

Does the twist function of the non-pro detract from the accuracy of the x/y axes?

Is it worth holding off for the next batch of pros or save a few bucks and get the non-pro that's available now?

Thx in advance and cheers!

Sokol1

Re: Building HOTAS w/Gladiator

Postby Sokol1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:24

Twist axis in Gladiator Mk.II (no PRO) don't detract X, Y axes - since you have pedals can leave this axis unassigned, axis with return to center is not useful for other functions than the original (e.g. rudder).

"Rumors" say that Gladiator PRO will be not produced in an foreseen future - even because with arrive of Kosmosima grip with "twist" , KG12B grip - without twist of Gladiator PRO don't justify anymore.

Gladiator (no PRO) is good as "entry level" joystick, but too limited for an HOTAS, wheres their base buttons became unpractical to use, since your left hand are on (dedicated) throttle.

Return to “General discussions”