Was their a design revision for Kosmosima between the tester version and consumer?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Fiftysixk

Was their a design revision for Kosmosima between the tester version and consumer?

Postby Fiftysixk » Wed Mar 06, 2019 23:44

I went ahead and swapped the mini joystick out for the 4 way hat on my right Kosmosima and noticed that I didn't have any springs under the hat boards as seen here: https://youtu.be/1PyCRQAMVuQ?t=166

I checked my left grip and it didn't have springs installed either. I haven't had a chance to use the Kosmosima's yet, I'm still setting up my mounts, but everything seems to be working fine. Was there a change in design between the multiple videos I have seen of the testers Kosmosima grips and the consumer version? Or did mine supposed to come with springs?

BTW these grips are so well built and some serious engineering went into their construction. I was very confident taking them apart and swapping both the thumb button and the hat switch. The fitment of the thumb button circuit board into its outer button sleeve was a little finicky and the little trigger spring that fits under the side button circuit board can easily pop out and poke your eye on reinstall, but other than that this thing is PERFECT. Props on such a great product VKB.

AeroGator

Re: Was their a design revision for Kosmosima between the tester version and consumer?

Postby AeroGator » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:46

Yes there were minor tweaks here and there.
Springs were taken out and a silicone cap is now playing their role.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

rtrski

Re: Was their a design revision for Kosmosima between the tester version and consumer?

Postby rtrski » Wed Apr 17, 2019 14:31

Fiftysixk wrote:I went ahead and swapped the mini joystick out for the 4 way hat on my right Kosmosima and noticed that I didn't have any springs under the hat boards as seen here: https://youtu.be/1PyCRQAMVuQ?t=166

I checked my left grip and it didn't have springs installed either. I haven't had a chance to use the Kosmosima's yet, I'm still setting up my mounts, but everything seems to be working fine. Was there a change in design between the multiple videos I have seen of the testers Kosmosima grips and the consumer version? Or did mine supposed to come with springs?

BTW these grips are so well built and some serious engineering went into their construction. I was very confident taking them apart and swapping both the thumb button and the hat switch. The fitment of the thumb button circuit board into its outer button sleeve was a little finicky and the little trigger spring that fits under the side button circuit board can easily pop out and poke your eye on reinstall, but other than that this thing is PERFECT. Props on such a great product VKB.

You're not kidding about the inside of the stick being clean. It's like, one of my gripes about Star Trek TNG was they had about 4 episodes a season that were basically (a) encounter something unexpected, (b) we're all going to die!, (c) Geordie LaForge swaps around parts on the ship and magically converts the deflector dish into a weapon, or the drive to reverse, or whatever, and (d) we're all saved! In the real world actual components just aren't that modular and interchangeable.

Well, in this stick....they kind of are. :D
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “General discussions”