Linear Deflection Cams?

Moderator: AdminGroup

RecklessPrudence

Linear Deflection Cams?

Postby RecklessPrudence » Sat Feb 02, 2019 17:09

Hi, I've currently got an MCG Pro on a Gunfighter RevA that I'm just waiting on the twist adaptor for (although I am considering a Kosmosima), but while I was waiting I was checking out the competition's stuff and they've got some cams specifically for space sims that provide a linear force curve, instead of the normal cam setup's simulation of the plane and gees fighting you in atmo. I was wondering if it was possible for VKB to come out with a set like that? Preferably in soft-centre as well as no-centre. I think this would be perfect for a lot of space sims, and complement the new Kosmosima perfectly!

Or is this slot filled, in you guys' opinion, by fitting the #10 springs and cams? Would there be a significant difference in flight dynamics with linear cams, that could possibly give a better experience in space sims (although maybe not all of them)?

Also, now that you've got the twist for the Kosmosima working, which I understand took a lot of looking at different material compositions in order to get something that will stand up to heavy use, does that mean the MCG's twist adaptor has already had most of the roadblocks cleared by the work done for the Kosmosima?

Thanks for the great products!

marcusstratus

Re: Linear Deflection Cams?

Postby marcusstratus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 17:19

I'll just chime in saying using #10 springs with the current #10 soft cams wont be nearly as effective as using linear cams like you mention above. I'm also hoping they come out with these cams as I'll not only be using them on a future Kosmosima but will retrofit my current Gunfighter with MCG Pro

solomonisleboy

Postby solomonisleboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:51

I'm right there with you on both these points. A set of linear cams would be great for the Kosmosima/Gunfighter. I've got the hard center cam with soft springs on it right now. It feels pretty good. But linear cams would be awesome! I would want a set for my right-hand MCG Pro too.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:31

solomonisleboy wrote: I would want a set for my right-hand MCG Pro too.

Roger you.
But please understand that we will sit down to it not before we have fulfilled everything we had promised earlier.
Which, honestly, is a pretty long list.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

solomonisleboy

Postby solomonisleboy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 21:01

I really appreciate that actually. I would far prefer to have the MCG Pro twist and Upgrade Kit Lite in hand long before linear cams... especially since the MCG Pro grip is back in the box now because of no twist!
Keep up the good work! You guys make fantastic gear, and while the wait for the promised parts has been long, I'm glad to hear they are still coming and I am still eager to see them!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:44

Thank you Sir :)
Seriously we appreciate this sort of understanding.
solomonisleboy wrote:wait for the promised parts has been long

Sounds quite Biblical!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

CrypticVillain

Postby CrypticVillain » Sun May 12, 2019 8:59

Any word on a timeline for these cams? I know you guys have a lot to work on but other then increasing your production pipe lines I feel this is your most important release. Mainly because your latest release kosmosima is made for space simmers but I'm certain most of the stick space sim pilots use a linear setup. This is mostly because the vast majoring of joysticks out there are linear. From the t1600, to the warthog even your closest competitor virpil. So please work on this if your not! That would make your setup complete in the space sim realm!

Thanks!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon May 13, 2019 3:12

CrypticVillain wrote:Any word on a timeline for these cams?

Not a word now, and not because I enjoy being so secretive.
There are many things that we promised to the people before Kosmosima was even in early draft stage.
Understandably, they have to be all taken care of before we sit down to make the linear cams.
The job itself may only take a weekend but it is the queue, and the production consistency that dictate what comes first, and when.
Sorry.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

CrypticVillain

Postby CrypticVillain » Mon May 13, 2019 18:11

Fair enough I guess.. maybe I'll look into making my own for the mean time.
Thanks for the response.

Return to “General discussions”