I would like to purchase the Gladiator MKII Pro

Moderator: AdminGroup

Sonic_Boom

I would like to purchase the Gladiator MKII Pro

Postby Sonic_Boom » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:18

And I would like to know when that will be possible! I've sent an e-mail directly to VKB America but never received an answer...

When will we have a new batch of products? My X-52 is starting to get old and I don't really like the Warthog's look (personal taste).

AeroGator

Re: I would like to purchase the Gladiator MKII Pro

Postby AeroGator » Tue Nov 20, 2018 15:03

Gladiators are not on our production slate for the nearest future (I did not say "forever").
The Gunfighters are being made though. Not trying to sell you anything, but you might consider a Gunfighter sooner or later, so why wait too long... 8)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Plexus

Postby Plexus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 21:45

A mate of mine and myself are waiting for the next batch of those as well... playing dual-stick will result in a gunfighter for left and a gladiator for my right hand for us and to be honest we do not expect finding all bases and sticks to be available at once at any time

Sonic_Boom

Postby Sonic_Boom » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01

well, the gunfighter is the stick without the buttons on the base right?

Isn't that kind of a disadvantage as it forces me to use the keyboard more??

I play a lot o sims (Star Citizen, IL-2, DCS) but still consider myself somewhat casual, even though I have the full HOTAS + Pedals + TrackIR setup.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:47

Sonic_Boom wrote:the gunfighter is the stick without the buttons on the base right

Ever seen a stick without buttons? :? Me - not yet...

Gunfighter is a complete gaming solution made with a) the base, b) the grip, c) the optional twist adapter [not available right now].
GF comes in a crazillion different versions depending on a) grip it comes together with, and b) extension tube.

Right now there are at least 3 and a half different grips you can mount on the GF base: KG12, MCG, MCGPro - and the Warthog [with the optional adapter], that counts as 1/2.
All of them have buttons, I checked it personally! :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Sonic_Boom

Postby Sonic_Boom » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:58

I think I wasn't very clear in my last post, sorry if I don't use the correct terminology.

I meant that the Gladiator is the stick with the button layout on the base, like the flaps button, a1, b1, c1, etc.

While Gunfighter doesn't have that. It looks amazing, don't get me wrong, but my only concern is that I'm still using the buttons on the base to setup the autopilot, resetting my radar, etc.

Mind you, I might be able to work something out without these additionnal buttons... the MCG does provide with a lot of options...... and it probably is 10x better than my X-52...

Sonic_Boom

Postby Sonic_Boom » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36

okay, the "buttons" issue will probably be fixed with a proper throttle with its own buttons anyway...... well, as soon as I see the gunfighter pro being available, I'll make sure to order one.

blackram

Postby blackram » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26

The thing is. Gladiator pro was a great choice for "desktop pilots". Gunfighter doesnt have throttle and buttons on the base so it demands separate throttle and "screams" for extension (not a desktop solution). So, Gladiator was a way to go for many ppl but VKB probably decided they would like to sell only the non desktop version - the Gunfighter. Maybe even so to push selling of their future throttle. Time will tell if that was a good marketing approach. Pitty.

Sonic_Boom

Postby Sonic_Boom » Wed Nov 21, 2018 19:46

well, they're doing basically what thrustmaster is doing with the warthog. Gunfighter works as a desktop solution, but you NEED to have a throttle to make it work. Fortunately, my x-52 throttle works just fine.

Sonic_Boom

Postby Sonic_Boom » Wed Nov 21, 2018 20:48

btw, what's the estimated release date for the VKB throttle?

Horizon

Postby Horizon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 18:45

Can you order from Europe and get the stick in North America? The 'Country' field in the form on the European site doesn't include North America, there isn't a site I'm missing somewhere, is there? The North American store is completely out without any reservations or information on when stock will be available, but European store says Jan 10th and offers reservations.

Return to “General discussions”