Gunfighter base only no longer avalible to sell ???

Moderator: AdminGroup

Endrophine

Gunfighter base only no longer avalible to sell ???

Postby Endrophine » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:52

Hello Guys,
I never was so dissapointed as today when i discovered that Gunfighter Base is no longer listed under VKB Controllers page. I was waiting for it to come back in stock since January. My dream was Metal Grip + Metal Base so I ordered TM Warthog grip, and waited like a child END OF APRIL for Gunfighter base to become available. Than it was pushed back to MAY, Than JUNE, than TO BE DETERMINED and today DELISTED from VKB North America. Without a single warning or explanation !!!
Why this is so shady ?
Why so unclear ?
I expect some guy will tell me to chill out and stfu about delays and blablabla (like always).
But for me; when you make people wait and hope and wait again for months and for months, giving hope about products disponibility etc.. and then suddenly go silent and delist the product like nothing happened killing all the hopes to ever get
gunfighter. Seriously this is a shitty move VKB.

AeroGator

Re: Gunfighter base only no longer avalible to sell ???

Postby AeroGator » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37

Endrophine wrote:Seriously this is a shitty move VKB.

We have made a lot of shitty moves, but this is not one of them.
Let me explain this misunderstanding to you.
- You have a Warthog grip
- For your Warthog grip you want a GF base
Am I right so far?
Good, then I continue.

VKB NA dealer took the GF base off the shelf, you went furious.
Let us pick it up from here.
Suppose, he didn't.
Suppose, you bought the base yesterday.
Now, you have a WH grip, and a GF base.
Now, my question: what are you going to do with these two?
A WH GRIP CANNOT BE MOUNTED ON A GF BASE WITHOUT A SPECIAL ADAPTER.

In simple words, with the base, or without the base, you still cannot use your WH grip unless you have an adapter.
Which, just for the record, is sitting in our factory still needing to be assembled.

So,
The next super-batch of GFs will come in all different versions, including a [GF base + WH adapter] set.

Once again, you can not use your WH on the GF without an adapter. Hence, our dealer's action could not hurt you in any way absolutely.

I used the "super-batch" definition above fr a reason. We have finally produced enough MCG grips to stock up for a few months (super rare small market versions will also be made soon), so grips are no problem any longer. Now we are working on an equally giant batch of bases, so we lay an end to a "not available" situation in all our outlets worldwide.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:06

disclaimer: I reserve the right to delete this post, if no one finds this funny.

StandingCow

Postby StandingCow » Tue Oct 02, 2018 16:21

Glad to hear VKB can put an end to the supply issues. I assume you all didn't really know the demand would be this high for your products and were caught a bit off guard?

Hopefully you all will have a shit ton of throttles ready, people are foaming at the mouth for those! :lol:

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 20:45

"Dam! The wind is drifting Super-Batch parachutes to that mountain on the left, it will take more a month or two to recover them." :mrgreen:

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Oct 03, 2018 16:13

Sokol1 wrote:"Dam! The wind is drifting Super-Batch parachutes to that mountain on the left, it will take more a month or two to recover them." :mrgreen:

:lol:
well might be! it's all the wind's fault!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Oct 03, 2018 16:19

StandingCow wrote:Glad to hear VKB can put an end to the supply issues

We sure can - but doesn't it need to take some time? You're right about the demand we were not quite prepared to face. But even this was not the worst thing; the worst was that you never make a ton of devices for the first 1 or 2 batches. No matter how you tested them before release, there will be things to iron out. So the first batches are doomed to be small and far between so you can a) attend to complaints, and b) tune up the design. Why else the MCG were only made in good quantity now, not 9 months back?!
So... we're crawling down our priority list. Grips - the box is ticked. Bases - the next box. Once we're done with these, our hands are fully untied for the new devices (and you know what those will be).
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Seb71

Postby Seb71 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 0:02

The Gunfighter base should also be available without the Warthog adapter.

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Wed Nov 14, 2018 0:12

Do we have any time frame other than "to be determined"?

A few weeks ago AeroGator mentioned that bases were being worked on to get to the supply in order.

Where are we with that progress? Are the bases near completion?

Also, if it take a long time to get the products from China to North America, wouldn't it be easier to just ship from China?

I'd rather pay extra 15-20 bucks then wait MONTHS.

Or at least give us that option so that those who don't mind paying marginally more can actually receive the items.

But PLEASE LET US KNOW if you are going OUT OF BUSINESS. Its only fair to your loyal customers if that's the case. We all have waited literally years for you guys and while we appreciate the quality of your work, we do need to know if theres not going to be a product we can get out hands on since we will need to look elsewhere for an actual product.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Nov 16, 2018 16:19

Ecoline Crush wrote:But PLEASE LET US KNOW if you are going OUT OF BUSINESS. Its only fair to your loyal customers if that's the case. We all have waited literally years for you guys and while we appreciate the quality of your work, we do need to know if theres not going to be a product we can get out hands on since we will need to look elsewhere for an actual product.

First and foremost, I really - this is my personal feeling, nothing to do with VKB business - appreciate your concern.
I understand that's not like you're being pushy, it's genuine interest, and loyalty.
Thank you.

OK, from here:
Out of business?? WE??? Damn we're fine! :) And we're packing enough up the sleeve to stay afloat for decades unless anything really sour happens to all this world.
So no, no, nononono. We're good.

There IS a product, we're making it better with every new batch; sometimes these tweaks are visible, sometimes they are just about technology, but just remember that releasing every new batch means releasing a product that is maybe only a tiny bit, but more advanced that the previous version.

I may not give any dates, not even "rough estimation" or alike. But we're not sick sadists here, we don't have pleasure teasing people and intentionally delaying the products' release.
As soon as we are ready with a new big batch (the new batch will be quite a big one) you will know. And please please relax, we're not going anywhere.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “General discussions”