Summer Break

Moderator: AdminGroup

TapTwo

Summer Break

Postby TapTwo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 16:00

Any updates on whats going on with VKB since the end of their summer vacation hiatus? Any word on the throttle? This site seems almost dead

skins45

Re: Summer Break

Postby skins45 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 21:50

My guess is the company is having issues. Zero news, zero inputs, zero products. Wish the best for VKB (products - when they actually come out with them - are some of the best), but I'm heading to CH Products after I hear they will delay the MCG upgrade for the Gladiator, like I'm pretty sure they will.

TapTwo

Postby TapTwo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 0:49

I managed to get my hands on the MCG Pro and its great better I would say than what Virpil or Thrustmaster is offering but I need a throttle and dont want to settle on Virpil or Thrustmaster if I can get my hands on the concept that VKB showed.

skins45

Postby skins45 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:21

It takes six to twelve months to be able to offer an upgrade. I hazard a guess a throttle won’t exist until at least 2020, and I’d probably bet much later than that.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07

TapTwo wrote:Any updates on whats going on with VKB since the end of their summer vacation hiatus? Any word on the throttle? This site seems almost dead

Hiatus? Really?
The site carries out its function: support is running, announcements are made when due to.
We quit the habit of announcing products before they are ready to be shipped to buyers, as too many people see announcements as promises to deliver by certain date.
skins45 wrote:My guess is the company is having issues. Zero news, zero inputs, zero products.

Thanks for your concern, we are fine and working on our routine. News will be published when there is something to share, products will be released when we make them. Everything is running as should.

Seriously, we simply don't want to create any hype. What is due to come will come.
Please rest assured.
Everything's cool.
8)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:17

TapTwo wrote:I managed to get my hands on the MCG Pro and its great better I would say than what Virpil or Thrustmaster is offering but I need a throttle and dont want to settle on Virpil or Thrustmaster if I can get my hands on the concept that VKB showed.

Thank you.
Working on this, too.
Nothing is forgotten.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

TapTwo

Postby TapTwo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12

Cool thanks for the update

pegg00

Postby pegg00 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:44

AeroGator wrote:
TapTwo wrote:Any updates on whats going on with VKB since the end of their summer vacation hiatus? Any word on the throttle? This site seems almost dead

Hiatus? Really?
The site carries out its function: support is running, announcements are made when due to.
We quit the habit of announcing products before they are ready to be shipped to buyers, as too many people see announcements as promises to deliver by certain date.
skins45 wrote:My guess is the company is having issues. Zero news, zero inputs, zero products.

Thanks for your concern, we are fine and working on our routine. News will be published when there is something to share, products will be released when we make them. Everything is running as should.

Seriously, we simply don't want to create any hype. What is due to come will come.
Please rest assured.
Everything's cool.
8)

Was that so hard? Seriously a quick "hey were not dead" is nice very couple months

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Sep 16, 2018 16:53

Aero:

While this Thread has been a little negative, it does point out that people are starving for communication a bit.

I understand and even embrace your future plans for not showing any predicted delivery date for upcoming product. If that's the best way to manage expectations in your mind, then that's what you should do.

However is it possible to set a schedule of perhaps every six weeks or so to post "we are currently at this stage on products a, b, c...", including a giant disclaimer that none of this implies when the end of the entire scheduled development run is, but at least let people see progress.

Just a suggestion. I know that any communication immediately opens you up to feedback, armchair designers wanting to revamp everything, criticism, etc. But all that exists in a vacuum of communication as well. At least you get to set the tone somewhat. (And yes I recognize the irony that this itself is armchair criticism.)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:10

rtrski wrote: is it possible to set a schedule of perhaps every six weeks or so to post "we are currently at this stage on products a, b, c...", including a giant disclaimer that none of this implies when the end of the entire scheduled development run is, but at least let people see progress.

You're ABSOLUTELY right.
We're in fact about to get onto our old soapbox some of these days.
In a bit of a different way and format, but still.
We're not going to just cut off all communication with all the community - sure enough it would be mean to punish our trusted friends for behavior they never showed and words they never said.
So please sit back.
There will be something coming soon.
We have survived the Mangkhut typhoon, so we're back to our work again.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Sep 17, 2018 19:30

Now I'm ashamed. I hadn't even given a thought to the typhoon. Glad you're okay.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!

skins45

Postby skins45 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 16:09

Don’t be. I don’t believe there’s ever been a storm on Earth that lasted seven months (original release date for Gladiator upgrade: February). The reason they won’t post release dates anymore is because it’s embarrassing how far behind their projections are. I don’t blame VKB for the lack of comms, but they did lose a customer in the process. It’s a shame too, really good products.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Sep 24, 2018 17:05

The storm would've been going on right while I was posting my helpful advice. No one said anything about it excusing months.

Give it a rest dude. If you're lost as a customer just leave. You're beclowning yourself.

Return to “General discussions”