MCG Pro Grip 5 pin?

Moderator: AdminGroup

youwanttofly

MCG Pro Grip 5 pin?

Postby youwanttofly » Tue Jul 24, 2018 19:23

Hello there,

Im extremely interested in buying a MCG Pro grip, for my GLadiator Mk I (5 pin). I have been checking your ordering website on the VKB north america website and I see that, the option I wish is no longer there. Will there be more in the future, and is VKB still supporting a 5 pin MCG Pro grip? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciate, thank you for you time.

AeroGator

Re: MCG Pro Grip 5 pin?

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:56

Looks like you doubled at reddit.
That's what I answered there:

is VKB still supporting a 5 pin MCG Pro grip?

VKB supports their products for lifetime.
MCGPro is a new grip, and no matter 3 or 5 pin version it is going to be supported for as long as we are in business.
There will be more. I can't tell exact dates, but yes we will make more MCGs and MCGPros for Gladiator base.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

carlosno2

Postby carlosno2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:25

Im also hopping on this thread to show support for the 5-pin MCG Pro, which I have probably annoyed the English support with a lot. It is just annoying that I bought my base for the MCG Pro a year before my friend just bought and received a gunfighter with the Pro already, and I'm still here with a one-hat three-button grip on a $300~ base. Is there any way to adapt a VPC grip onto the Mk1 Glad Pro?

Mr Dinsdale

Postby Mr Dinsdale » Fri Aug 24, 2018 15:04

AeroGator wrote:Looks like you doubled at reddit.
That's what I answered there:

is VKB still supporting a 5 pin MCG Pro grip?

VKB supports their products for lifetime.
MCGPro is a new grip, and no matter 3 or 5 pin version it is going to be supported for as long as we are in business.
There will be more. I can't tell exact dates, but yes we will make more MCGs and MCGPros for Gladiator base.

Does this include Fat Mamba MK3. To be honest if I'd have known I was purchasing something that was practically redundant as soon as it left the factory I'd have held out.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:09

Mr Dinsdale wrote:Does this include Fat Mamba MK3

I believe it was a question, so the answer is yes. We will make it for Mamba as well in due time. However the problem with Mamba is not just the electric and mechanic coupling of the components but also a very intricate firmware that we will still have to write. It (the FW) will first come to life as beta and will be sent to volunteer testers who will try it out as is at their own risk. Then, it will be uploaded to our ftp for general public. If you are willing to be a beta tester, leave me a PM. But anyway, it is not today or tomorrow.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:16

carlosno2 wrote:Im also hopping on this thread to show support for the 5-pin MCG Pro, which I have probably annoyed the English support with a lot. It is just annoying that I bought my base for the MCG Pro a year before my friend just bought and received a gunfighter with the Pro already, and I'm still here with a one-hat three-button grip on a $300~ base. Is there any way to adapt a VPC grip onto the Mk1 Glad Pro?

I am sorry for this inconvenience, but you surely understand that there is a schedule for manufacturing different versions. This schedule is not necessarily all about marketing; there are engineering reasons behind our decisions what to produce first, and what should follow in which order. But again, sorry for making you wait.
VPC can be connected electronically to the base, if you use Warthog version of VPC grip, and re-flash your Gladiator with Warthog firmware. However, we are not currently producing, and are not planning to produce in future, any sort of adapters for coupling VPC grips with our bases mechanically. If you somehow manage to make it by your own hands - good for you, it should work then.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “General discussions”