LOL "Summer Vacations"

Moderator: AdminGroup

pegg00

LOL "Summer Vacations"

Postby pegg00 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:21

summer has lasted a long time with yall huh? Global warming I guess...

skins45

Re: LOL "Summer Vacations"

Postby skins45 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 18:08

That’s funny! I was going to star a topic along similar lines. I’ve never seen a company who blows every single deadline, until now. I’m really disappointed with the promises not kept in any form/function. Hindsight is 20/20, but had I known I’d have to wait 6 months PAST original projections for the Gladiator upgrade kit so I can get an MCG to play DCS, I would have bitten the bullet and gone somewhere else.....

pegg00

Postby pegg00 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:50

Took the words out of my mouth.

StandingCow

Postby StandingCow » Thu Jul 26, 2018 17:03

People deserve time off man...

skins45

Postby skins45 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 18:13

I don't think anybody disagrees with that. The issue at hand is when you tell somebody you're going to do something or provide them with something, they are going to expect that to come true. This isn't a one-time deal, it's happened for over 6 months. The last one was probably the most painful, because it was delayed one day prior to expected delivery date (expected shipment July 24th, delayed another month, 12 hours prior to that).

Wyrm

Postby Wyrm » Thu Jul 26, 2018 19:43

"How dare you not to deliver superior product sooner?! So'd you know, because of that, i am now gonna spend anoth $200 on some faulty Saitek products! Bite that, VKB!"
:roll:

skins45

Postby skins45 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 21:30

I suppose we now know why they continue to blow deadlines. Seems that the fanboy culture is strong here. Unfortunately they simply haven't earned my fandom, yet. At some point, one must stop waiting for something indefinitely and move to something else, inferior or not. I'm still likely going to continue to wait, but it is ONLY because I would have wasted money otherwise.

Instead of me continuing to complain (yes, I know I'm complaining. I'm just frustrated I can't sim the way I want), I'll ask a single question and drop it:

Why have "expected delivery" dates at all, if they're so wildly innacurate?

StandingCow

Postby StandingCow » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19

Has nothing to do with being a "fanboy". Do you work for a living? People need time away to recharge for their own personal health, and that health is more important than you getting your toy immediately.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:03

skins45 wrote:I suppose we now know why they continue to blow deadlines. Seems that the fanboy culture is strong here. Unfortunately they simply haven't earned my fandom, yet. At some point, one must stop waiting for something indefinitely and move to something else, inferior or not. I'm still likely going to continue to wait, but it is ONLY because I would have wasted money otherwise.

Instead of me continuing to complain (yes, I know I'm complaining. I'm just frustrated I can't sim the way I want), I'll ask a single question and drop it:

Why have "expected delivery" dates at all, if they're so wildly innacurate?

Missed deadline predictions and apparently vague excuses as to why... suck. I wish they could be more conservative and/or accurate, without going completely silent.

Giving people sh*t for taking an annual vacation, when skipping it will likely harm not help the above, also sucks.

Am I a "fanboi"?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

skins45

Postby skins45 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 14:03

Vacations have little to do with this. Did vacation delay release for the last 5 months? Boy I hope not. Maybe the last one. But even then, if I had grossly blown a deadline at work for 5 months, I would not be taking vacation until I deliver.

Horizon

Postby Horizon » Thu Dec 13, 2018 20:48

Actually, for those who didn't know -

Summer getaways of weeks or a month or more are common in Russia and surrounding areas. Dacha culture is no joke. They get out of the city to the cottage in the woods and just relax. Tons of people have Dachas they escape too. Gardening is a favored Dacha past time.

Doubt it delayed production for 5 months, but certainly the idea of summer vacations for extended periods is not strange in that region of the world.

Return to “General discussions”