MCG Pro, Mounting Discussion

Moderator: AdminGroup

KiowaDriver

MCG Pro, Mounting Discussion

Postby KiowaDriver » Sat Jun 09, 2018 16:38

Well, since I need something to do while I wait for MCG Pro to be back in stock I started constructing a base for mounting. I have a home office I use for work so I needed a setup that would be easy to stow away in the corner when not using it.

I ended up taking a 4x6 and cutting it down to 9", rounded off the corners, and painted with black textured speaker paint.

Next, I added a 10" x 12" base with four rubber feet.

Finally, I made a custom pleather boot (not pictured) to make the entire thing, including the stick, look like one unit (a cyclic).

I am using this for helicopter Sims so I will be adjusting springs to be pretty limp. The image below shows the base, the post, and also a weighted collective control box for a microhelis.de collective.

Question: Since I don't have a grip yet, I am interested in pictures from others of their MCG Pro Mounting solutions and I also wanted to hear from owners if they feel the 10"x12" base will be wide enough for this stick (to counter the torque of operation).

IMG_20180529_172652.jpg

PhoenixCNE

Re: MCG Pro, Mounting Discussion

Postby PhoenixCNE » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34

I have mine mounted to a piece of 4" pvc that is capped off on the ends and full of lead shot for weight. The baseplate is actually the baseplate from my old warthog stick and is a piece of steel about 9"x11". It handles the torque without tipping just fine but is not near as sturdy without the weight I have added and would probably be problematic.

KiowaDriver

Re: MCG Pro, Mounting Discussion

Postby KiowaDriver » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:35

Thanks for the reply. That helps. I may add a heavier steel plate to the base and some lead weight to the base of the 4x6. Curious, how many lbs of weight would you say you added to your PVC setup?

Return to “General discussions”