How many here are interested in force feedback?

Moderator: AdminGroup

never2dark

How many here are interested in force feedback?

Postby never2dark » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56

I know it's not very important in modern jets and space sims, but a good stick shaker and feedback on rudder pedals makes all the difference in flight sims for basic single-engine planes, sailplanes, and anything without hydraulics IRL. I'm hoping that VKB has plans for FFB in the future since they otherwise seem to have the right stuff.
I love my VKB pedals, but I'll drop them in a heartbeat if someone comes out with a good set of FFB rudder pedals that don't look too cheap. Short of that, I'll sit down someday with a hacksaw and soldering iron and add FFB to these T-Rudder pedals.
On another note, has anyone tried using an electric bike hub to power force feedback on anything? Seems like they'd have a lot of torque, they're cheap and work on a decent voltage. I'm not sure how they'd handle stall conditions, though.

AeroGator

Re: How many here are interested in force feedback?

Postby AeroGator » Fri Feb 23, 2018 13:59

never2dark wrote:I'm hoping that VKB has plans for FFB in the future since they otherwise seem to have the right stuff.

Santa heard that.
VKB is on it, but that was good news. Bad news is, FFB is at a pretty early stage of development, so don't start feeding quarters to the pig yet.
So, the official answer is, YES we are going to make it, and we more or less already see how, but NO we are not ready to talk time issues, even "roughly", or "this year or next, or the year after".
Best Regards,
AeroGator

never2dark

Postby never2dark » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:33

Hey, that's a lot better than "NO"! Thanks, I'll be feeding quarters to the pig anyway LOL

aklambda

Postby aklambda » Fri Mar 02, 2018 23:53

Would FFB we something that can be installed after into an MCG Pro for example or will this only be available with a brand new stick or even base?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:48

aklambda wrote:a brand new stick or even base?

Inevitably it will have to be a new base (or a line of bases). FFV is not anything like a penny-size add-on to an already existing device, unfortunately.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Vertigo722

Postby Vertigo722 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:44

Necro bump. I recently switched from a Microsoft sidewinder FFB2 to a gladiator NXT, and now Im torn in half. The NXT is a great improvement for controlling modern fly-by-wire jets, but controlling ww2 planes or gliders or even analog jets like the F14, its a different story, and having to chose between the immersion +tactile feedback of a FFB base and the accuracy/configurability of a modern hotas is like having to chose between your children. I cant do it, I need both. I might even pay up for a brunner if they supported my favorite sim (condor). Please VKB, make it happen, give us a modern force feedback stick. Ive been waiting 15+ years, I can wait a bit longer, but I would like to buy one before I die :).

Return to “General discussions”